Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe
Bean pasta is one of my favorite food innovations. The comfort of pasta, but the nutrition of beans! One serving of lentil pasta has 14 grams of protein and 8% of your Daily Value for iron. It is also a great option for those who eat gluten free!
This pasta salad boasts both bold flavors and bold nutrition thanks to a delicious dressing, lentil pasta, and grilled tofu and summer vegetables. The recipe is quite adaptable, and like other cold salads it is even better the next day! Unlike other gluten free pastas, bean pastas hold their shape and texture after cooking and cooling. This is a great recipe to bring to potlucks, picnics, or dinner parties!
Serves 4-6, Cook time 40 min, Prep time 20min
For the Grilled Tofu:
- 1 16oz package of high protein tofu (or extra firm), cut into ½” slabs
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Italian herb seasoning
For the Grilled Vegetables:
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into long spears
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
For the Pasta and Dressing:
- 1 12oz package of lentil or bean pasta of choice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced or made into a paste
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First assemble the tofu mixture so it can marinate for a few minutes. Combine tofu slabs and all other ingredients into a large mixing bowl and gently toss to combine. Set the mixture in the fridge while preparing the other components of the recipe. Gently toss the mixture every few minutes if possible.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare the pasta according to package directions. When the pasta is finished cooking, drain and rinse the pasta with cold water. Set it aside.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the cut vegetables with the rest of the listed ingredients and toss to combine. When the grill or grill pan is hot, carefully cook the vegetables until tender and slightly charred. When cool, chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Grill the tofu until slightly charged. Set aside. When cool, chop into bite-sized pieces
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl combine the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, fresh garlic, and olive oil.
- Assemble the pasta salad. In a large bowl, toss the pasta, chopped vegetables, grilled tofu, sun dried tomatoes, and dressing until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Optional add ins include diced olives, fresh cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, or toasted pine nuts.
To see what else I have been making, find me at @coconut_katie.
Australian bushfires may not be in the headlines anymore, but they are still burning. Since this up-to-date Reuters article had no pictures, here are a few from a friend browsing the net. www.reuters.com/article/us-australia-bushfires-idUSKBN1ZR05K ... and here's some ways to help: www.businessinsider.com.au/australia-bushfires-donate-2020-1 ... See MoreSee Less
7 hours ago