Join the Cool Davis Coalition
The Cool Davis Coalition is a network of organizations and individuals committed to the Cool Davis mission. They work separately to improve their own sustainability. They share ideas and work together on common projects. More than 80 organizational partners are members of the Coalition.
The Coalition Steering Committee meets monthly on the second Wednesday from 12:30-1:30 pm currently on Zoom. Send a request to email@example.com to be added to meeting notices and receive link.
The Coalition meets quarterly on the 3rd Wednesday of November, February, May and August from 4:30-6:30. Notices and links are provided to the Coalition email list - sign up here.
There are several active working groups in the Coalition including:
- COOL Cuisine Davis
- Davis Electric Vehicle Association (DEVA)
- Davis Futures Forum
- Yolo Interfaith Alliance for Climate Justice
- Resilient Embodied Action Davis-Yolo (READ-Y)
- Water Wise Davis
For more information about the Cool Davis Coalition, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Coalition umbrella, members:
- Help and mentor between organizations to achieve lower carbon footprints themselves,
- Create a place for creative community dialogue and social/political action,
- Provide community forums, collaborative projects, and fun educational events about climate change, action and adaptation, and
- The Coalition also provides advice to Cool Davis campaigns as well as the Cool Davis Foundation Board through two representative seats.
Many working groups have formed since 2010 each with a different purpose. Some groups are ongoing and others finish their task and disband.
Working Groups General Purpose: Action on climate issues and sustainability in the Davis community can involve many different organizations, skill sets and goals. Working groups are a way for partners and action oriented individuals to work together to plan activities, design new and innovative projects, or to develop policy or strategies for action.
How Working Groups Form. An idea for an activity or project is identified and developed by a small team from inside or outside the Coalition. This group brings their idea to Cool Davis (Coalition) and requests permission to become a formal working group of the Cool Davis Coalition to develop and implement the project or activity.
- Working group contact, liaison, or chair represents group at Coalition Steering Committee Meetings
- Keep the Coalition Steering Committee informed of activities through meeting minutes & calendar
- Arrange own meeting dates and venues (Cool Davis or City venues may be available)
- Recruit members to the group
- Represent the Working Group, not the Steering Committee or Cool Davis generally
- Seek approval of Steering Committee and CDF on major projects especially those requiring funding or participation using Cool Davis’ non-profit status. The Steering Committee and the Cool Davis Foundation must approve any such funding plan
- Work with the Cool Davis Communication Committee regarding the use of logos, accessing email lists etc.,
- Network with other groups inside and outside of Cool Davis as needed
- Work to keep people engaged and enthusiastic, and
- Have fun!
If you’re interested in forming a working group as part of the Cool Davis Coalition, email email@example.com.
COALITION NEWS AND PROFILES
Time for a new look: Variety spices electric vehicle life at National Drive Electric Week in Davis
Electricity filled the air on Sunday, September 25, as over 350 visitors came to see 37 electric vehicles (EVs), a new high spanning dozens of makes and models, for this year’s National Drive Electric Week event in Davis. EV curious folks from around northern California…
Seeds of Justice Series at St. Martin’s
Join the Church of St. Martin for the second year of their 2022 Seeds of Justice speaker series. The first event will take place on September 18 both on Zoom and in person in the church. If you plan to attend on Zoom, please use…
Davis Electric Vehicle Association August Meeting Virtual-Like
Wednesday August 10 at 6pm Online