Join the Cool Davis Coalition
The Cool Davis Coalition is a network of organizations and individuals committed to the Cool Davis mission. They work separately to improve their own sustainability. They share ideas and work together on common projects. More than 80 organizational Partners are members of the Coalition.
There are several active working groups in the Coalition including:
- COOL Cuisine Davis
- Davis Electric Vehicle Association (DEVA)
- Davis Futures Forum
- Yolo Interfaith Alliance for Climate Justice
- Resilient Embodied Action Davis-Yolo (READ-Y)
- Water Wise Davis
For more information about the Cool Davis Coalition, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Coalition umbrella, members:
- Help and mentor between organizations to achieve lower carbon footprints themselves,
- Create a place for creative community dialogue and social/political action,
- Provide community forums, collaborative projects, and fun educational events about climate change, action and adaptation, and
- The Coalition also provides advice to Cool Davis campaigns as well as the Cool Davis Foundation Board through two representative seats.
Many working groups have formed since 2010 each with a different purpose. Some groups are ongoing and others finish their task and disband.
Working Groups General Purpose: Action on climate issues and sustainability in the Davis community can involve many different organizations, skill sets and goals. Working groups are a way for partners and action oriented individuals to work together to plan activities, design new and innovative projects, or to develop policy or strategies for action.
How Working Groups Form. An idea for an activity or project is identified and developed by a small team from inside or outside the Coalition. This group brings their idea to Cool Davis (Coalition) and requests permission to become a formal working group of the Cool Davis Coalition to develop and implement the project or activity.
- Working group contact, liaison, or chair represents group at Coalition Steering Committee Meetings
- Keep the Coalition Steering Committee informed of activities through meeting minutes & calendar
- Arrange own meeting dates and venues (Cool Davis or City venues may be available)
- Recruit members to the group
- Represent the Working Group, not the Steering Committee or Cool Davis generally
- Seek approval of Steering Committee and CDF on major projects especially those requiring funding or participation using Cool Davis’ non-profit status. The Steering Committee and the Cool Davis Foundation must approve any such funding plan
- Work with the Cool Davis Communication Committee regarding the use of logos, accessing email lists etc.,
- Network with other groups inside and outside of Cool Davis as needed
- Work to keep people engaged and enthusiastic, and
- Have fun!
If you’re interested in forming a working group as part of the Cool Davis Coalition, email email@example.com.
COALITION NEWS AND PROFILES
Local Cli-Fi Writer Kim Stanley Robinson Speaks: Climate Ideas from “The Ministry for the Future”
Tuesday, Feb 23, 7:00pm to 8:30pm online
Free Bike Repair Courtesy The Bike Campaign
FREE BIKE REPAIR! The Bike Campaign provides free bike repair services at their two Bike Garage locations in Davis and Woodland, Saturdays from 9am-noon and Wednesdays 2pm-5pm. Davis: at The Cannery, east of The Barn (1500 Cannery Ave.) Woodland: at First St. @ Hays Street…
Tuleyome Tales: Wild animals caught on camera
Like all neighbors throughout California and the Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument region, Tuleyome has been impacted by the numerous, large fires that have swept through the state in the last couple of years. Properties throughout Lake, Yolo and Solano counties have all burned in…