Secretly Healthy Muffin Bites Recipe
Beans can be a great alternative for more resource intensive protein sources like poultry, eggs, and beef. In addition to protein, beans are good sources of fiber, iron, and B vitamins – nearly a one stop shop for plant-based health. Nowadays beans come in convenient cans, dried pastas, and even meat substitutes making it easier than ever to consume them daily. Beans in muffins, though? Trust me, you will not even taste them!
These muffin bites are moist and fudgy thanks to the addition of a whole can of white beans. A sweet treat that hides powerful plant-based nutrition!
Makes 24 mini muffins, Prep time 10 minutes, Cook time about 25 minutes
- 1 15oz can white beans, drained and rinsed well
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree or mashed banana
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Optional mix in: ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, grind the oats into a flour consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into greased or lined mini or standard sized muffin tin. These muffins will not rise much so the wells can be filled to the top.
- Bake mini muffins for 25 minutes, likely longer for standard sized muffins. Allow muffins to cool completely before removing them from the tins and enjoying!
Learn more about plant-based eating on this Cool Davis Plant-Based Eating web page.
Want more? Join the COOL Cuisine Burger Battle! COOL Cuisine, a partner of Cool Davis, has organized 17 eateries in Davis to compete for your taste buds by adding plant-based burgers on their menus throughout the month of March. It’s a delicious contest where diners rate every burger they taste and every rating is entered into a raffle for prizes!
The reading and discussion of the award winning collection of poems entitled "Swerve" with Ellery Akers was insightful and inspiring. Join Ellery and Poet Laureate of Davis Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop this Sunday. There's still time to join us! City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs John Natsoulas Gallery Davis Downtown Davis City #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia #daviscalifornia
www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/ ... See MoreSee Less
Join Ellery Akers and Poet Laureate Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop Sunday 4pm. There's still time! @NatsoulasArt @UCDavisNews @CaliforniaAggie @davisartcenter @AtTgif #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia
Tonight at 7pm "Swerve" with Ellery Akers and Julia B. Levine. Explore the intersection of environmentalism, feminism, and resistance. #ecopoetry #davisca #daviscalifornia #natsoulasgallery #poetryindavis https://www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/