Savory Spring Salad
No matter the season, I always prefer savory over sweet options! This salad recipe features a flavorful herb vinaigrette and several seasonal ingredients like green onions, fresh chives, and wild arugula. This salad can be adapted to your preferences – dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, chopped cucumber, or roasted summer squash would all be lovely additions.
Serves 4-6 , Prep time 20 min, Cook time 20 min
For the salad:
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package instructions then cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 cups of wild arugula
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes, or a mix of any of the previously mentioned additions
For the dressing:
- 1 cup of fresh herbs (I used cilantro, chives, and parsley)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbs miso paste
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Dress the salad and enjoy!
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Biden plans to replace government fleet with electric vehicles (Don't pay attention to the false statement that EVs are more expensive than conventional vehicles, not so!)
Biden plans to replace government fleet with electric vehicles
The government is a major purchaser of vehicles. However, replacing such a fleet with EVs assembled domestically will be costly and take time.
Biden signs executive actions on COVID, climate change, immigration and more via @CBSPolitics
Biden signs executive actions on COVID, climate change, immigration and more
The 46th president is undoing some of his predecessor's executive actions.
This week's AQI Forecast is for more Moderate (Yellow) air quality. Don't Light Tonight Advisory in effect tonight with slightly improving concentrations of PM 2.5 over the week. Sign up for forecasts or alerts at http://www.ysaqmd.enviroflash.info
Join Travis Credit Union and the Driving Clean Assistance Program to learn how to receive a grant of up to $5,000 towards purchasing an electric vehicle! @TravisCU