Savory Spring Salad
No matter the season, I always prefer savory over sweet options! This salad recipe features a flavorful herb vinaigrette and several seasonal ingredients like green onions, fresh chives, and wild arugula. This salad can be adapted to your preferences – dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, chopped cucumber, or roasted summer squash would all be lovely additions.
Serves 4-6 , Prep time 20 min, Cook time 20 min
For the salad:
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package instructions then cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 cups of wild arugula
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes, or a mix of any of the previously mentioned additions
For the dressing:
- 1 cup of fresh herbs (I used cilantro, chives, and parsley)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbs miso paste
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Dress the salad and enjoy!
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Yolo County officials urge all county residents to take measures to protect themselves accordingly during the summer heat. Cool Davis wants you to be informed, too!
Extreme Heat Resources from Yolo County - Cool Davis
Yolo County resources to prepare for extreme heat, stay cool, and help others suffering from the effects of extreme heat.