Savory Spring Salad
No matter the season, I always prefer savory over sweet options! This salad recipe features a flavorful herb vinaigrette and several seasonal ingredients like green onions, fresh chives, and wild arugula. This salad can be adapted to your preferences – dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, chopped cucumber, or roasted summer squash would all be lovely additions.
Serves 4-6 , Prep time 20 min, Cook time 20 min
For the salad:
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package instructions then cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 cups of wild arugula
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes, or a mix of any of the previously mentioned additions
For the dressing:
- 1 cup of fresh herbs (I used cilantro, chives, and parsley)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbs miso paste
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Dress the salad and enjoy!
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Cool Davis newsletter fans: Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to make sure the newsletter lands in your primary inbox! (Then it won't land in your Promotions box or ask for an annoying confirmation)
Newsletter Archive - Cool Davis