Miso Soup Recipe
Who doesn’t love a warm bowl of savory miso soup? While most soup recipes require lots of chopping and simmering, miso soup can come together in minutes. Stick to the recipe for a simple appetizer, or add in rice noodles and seasonal greens, like kale and broccoli, to make a filling entrée.
Enjoy my take on a family favorite!
*Note that this recipe can be made without soy! Chickpea miso paste is now available at most health food stores, and the tofu can be omitted or swapped with a can of drained chickpeas.
Serves 4, Prep time 10 minutes, Cook time 25 minutes
- 1 package “super firm” or “high protein” tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 package sliced white mushrooms
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 4 cups water
- 4 tbs miso paste
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 large carrots, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2” knob of peeled ginger
- First, mix together all ingredients for the tofu in a large bowl and allow to sit for a few minutes. In a separate bowl, do the same for the mushrooms. Marinating both the mushrooms and tofu before roasted allows them to soak up the sweet and savory flavor of the coconut aminos. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- After the tofu and mushrooms have marinated for about 10 minutes, place them on a lined or greased cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes. If some of the liquid has not been absorbed, try to not pour it onto the cookie sheet as it can burn.
- While the tofu and mushrooms are roasting, cut the carrots. In a large saucepan, add the water, carrots, hunk of ginger, and the dark green portions of the green onions (these will be removed later, make the pieces large so the can be easily scooped out). Boil until the carrots begin to become tender.
- Once the carrots are tender, turn off the heat and remove the hunk of ginger as well as the dark green portions of the green onions. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the miso paste with a few tablespoons of water to form a loose paste.
- Mix in the miso paste mixture into the saucepan then add the roasted tofu, mushrooms, thinly sliced light colored portions of the green onions, and any other items like cooked rice noodles or steamed kale.
- Serve the soup as is or add a dash of sesame oil or sesame seeds to each bowl.
To see what else I have been cooking find me at @coconut_katie
Greywater Showcase 2020 webinar-style! The whole she-bang right here! Learn the basics and some interesting design and policy details plus get a gander at some very beautiful greywater-grown goodies. Catherine Brinkley UC Davis Nina Gordon-Kirsch @backyardpermacultureguild GreenerDavis Davis City Greywater Action ... See MoreSee Less
7 hours ago
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Greywater Showcase Webinar 2020 in its entirety. Learn the basics of how to irrigate your garden with laundry and shower water. via @YouTube
Charge up your lifestyle with an electric vehicle! Learn more at our Drive Electric webpage https://www.cooldavis.org/cool-solutions/drive-electric-vehicle/ @SacEV @ITS_UCDavis @cityofdavis @GreenerDavis @bikedavis @VCleanEnergy
We're 88% of the way towards our community solar goal as of April. 520 more systems by the end of 2020! Can we do it? Visit our Rooftop Solar page to get started and answer questions. Contracting companies are up and running at full capacity!
Rooftop Solar Systems in Davis CA - % Make a solid decision about solar
Browse expert information and neighbor stories about rooftop solar systems in Davis, California. Help us reach 4,500 residiential solar systems by 202...