Sweet Salad Recipe
When the weather gets warm, it gets easier to be excited about salads! Winter is also a good time when you can grow your own lettuce greens but you might want to use dried fruit instead of fresh strawberries. But even so, boring salads will never do.
This healthy recipe combines sweet strawberries, refreshing cucumber, and a unique dressing – perfect to accompany grilled veggies and other favorites.
I hope you enjoy this simple yet versatile Sweet Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter Salad recipe!
– Katie Mednick
Serves 4, Prep time approximately 20 minutes
- 4 cups of fresh mixed greens
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup sliced organic strawberries
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Optional add-ins include: fresh grilled corn, diced avocado, almonds…be creative!
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons blood orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. To make carrot “ribbons” simply peel the carrot with a vegetable peeler repeatedly to form long, delicate strands. It makes salad that much more exciting!
- To make the dressing, simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy and as smooth as possible. This can be done in a blender as well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the greens and veggies and enjoy!
Take a look at other things I have been cooking recently on my Instagram page @coconut_katie
Download a PDF of this Sweet Summer Salad recipe (coming soon). Peak strawberry season is April through June.
The reading and discussion of the award winning collection of poems entitled "Swerve" with Ellery Akers was insightful and inspiring. Join Ellery and Poet Laureate of Davis Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop this Sunday. There's still time to join us! City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs John Natsoulas Gallery Davis Downtown Davis City #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia #daviscalifornia
www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/ ... See MoreSee Less
Join Ellery Akers and Poet Laureate Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop Sunday 4pm. There's still time! @NatsoulasArt @UCDavisNews @CaliforniaAggie @davisartcenter @AtTgif #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia
Tonight at 7pm "Swerve" with Ellery Akers and Julia B. Levine. Explore the intersection of environmentalism, feminism, and resistance. #ecopoetry #davisca #daviscalifornia #natsoulasgallery #poetryindavis https://www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/