Sweet Salad Recipe
When the weather gets warm, it gets easier to be excited about salads! Winter is also a good time when you can grow your own lettuce greens but you might want to use dried fruit instead of fresh strawberries. But even so, boring salads will never do.
This healthy recipe combines sweet strawberries, refreshing cucumber, and a unique dressing – perfect to accompany grilled veggies and other favorites.
I hope you enjoy this simple yet versatile Sweet Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter Salad recipe!
– Katie Mednick
Serves 4, Prep time approximately 20 minutes
- 4 cups of fresh mixed greens
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup sliced organic strawberries
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Optional add-ins include: fresh grilled corn, diced avocado, almonds…be creative!
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons blood orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. To make carrot “ribbons” simply peel the carrot with a vegetable peeler repeatedly to form long, delicate strands. It makes salad that much more exciting!
- To make the dressing, simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until creamy and as smooth as possible. This can be done in a blender as well.
- Drizzle the dressing over the greens and veggies and enjoy!
Take a look at other things I have been cooking recently on my Instagram page @coconut_katie
Download a PDF of this Sweet Summer Salad recipe (coming soon). Peak strawberry season is April through June.
This content isn't available right now ... See MoreSee Less
This content isn't available right nowWhen this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.
Check out our newest newsletter: Monica's All-Electric Home, Rising Energy Bills, "What the Health" with FREE Vegan Meal, Trash Talk, and Getting Around, Plus Reducing Travel Emissions by Nala and Making Your Phone Last by Karen. #davisca #sustainability #Electrification Lots of great info and ideas to up your game! www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/mailing/view/?id=1270 ... See MoreSee Less
Davis youth climate leaders meet with Davis City Council members during global Friday strike ... today ... at Central Park Davis ... right now! #fridayforfuture #climatestrikedavis
Check out our newest newsletter: Monica's All-Electric Home, Rising Energy Bills, "What the Health" with FREE Vegan Meal, & Trash Talk, Plus Reducing Travel Emissions & Making Your Phone Last. #davisca #sustainability #Electrification Up your game! https://www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/mailing/view/?id=1270