Tofu Scramble Recipe
Tofu scramble is a must have in any plant-based recipe arsenal! It is the perfect substitute for scrambled eggs. It also lasts well in the fridge, making it a great make ahead breakfast. You can get creative with fresh veggies from the farmer’s market and other add ins like herbs, seaweed flakes, and vegan cheese. My personal favorite way to enjoy tofu scramble is on top of crusty toast, topped with avocado!
Tofu scramble can be bland and soggy, but my recipe and method ensure every bite is delicious!
Serves 2 large portions or 4 small portions, Prep time 15 minutes, Cook time about 15 minutes
- 1 14 oz package extra firm tofu
- Approximately half a head of kale, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs yellow mustard
- 3 tbs nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Dash ground black pepper
- Chop and dice kale, bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Preheat a large skillet. Olive or avocado oil can be added to the pan to prevent sticking, but another option is to slowly add low sodium vegetable broth to the pan if you notice the tofu is sticking as it cooks.
- Drain the water from the tofu package and place the entire block of tofu in a large bowl. Add the seasonings and spices to the bowl, including the garlic. Keep the kale, onion, and bell pepper off to the side.
- Using a large fork, break down the block of tofu until the texture looks egg like while incorporating the seasonings and spices.
- Once the tofu mixture is ready, add the onions, kale, and tofu to the pan. Sautee the mixture for several minutes to allow the water from the tofu to cook out. Once the onions are translucent and the kale is close to tender and deep green, add the bell pepper. Continue to cook until the bell peppers are cooked, and the tofu mixture remains moist but not soggy.
- Serve the tofu scramble warm with your favorite breakfast companions like tempeh bacon, whole wheat toast, and fresh orange juice.
To see other creative and flavorful meal ideas, follow me on Instagram @coconut_katie
Message for 350 national:
In just one week, millions of us will be hitting the streets around the world to demand an end to the age of fossil fuels.
But we need your help now.
Watch these short video messages of climate strikers talking about why they will be “out of the office/school/home/etc” on September 20th - and share. Or record your own message to share on social media.
We’re out of office. Are you with us?
We are out of patience, out of time, and out of options. We need everyone everywhere - workers, teachers, parents, neighbors - to spread the word and join the youth leading this fight in the streets for climate justice. And you can help.
Get the word out and inspire others to get “out of office” on September 20th. Take two minutes to record your own custom message to your online community, sharing your reasons for joining the Global Climate Strike.
And don’t forget to add the hashtags if you create your own message - use #climatestrike #strikewithus and #outoftheoffice so we can see everything being shared and amplify. And don’t forget to link to globalclimatestrike.net so you spread the word about Global Climate Strikes kicking off in a week, on September 20th.
Ready, set, go! Tell everyone you’ll be out of the office, school, home or wherever you are with our downloadable videos (if you don’t want to record your own, just share one of ours) – and ask others to join you.
Thanks for sharing,
P.S. Haven’t RSVPed for a Climate Strike near you? There are almost 700 actions happening around the country on September 20th so sign up to join one today. ... See MoreSee Less
1 day ago
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.