Eco hero and climate solution awards 2016
Cool Davis gives annual awards to individuals, businesses and groups in Davis for their actions and achievements in reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The awards will be presented on Wednesday, April 20 in a ceremony at 5:15pm inside the US Bicycling Hall of Fame followed by a brief public presentation at the weekly Farmers’ market at 6:30pm.
The event will be used to encourage people to sign up to be Cool Homes and become their own eco heroes.
- Nominate an individual or group (deadline: March 12, 2016)
- Criteria for nomination and nomination form
- Cool Davis Award Event, April 20, 2016 (details to follow)
- Past winners
Cool Davis invites the community to submit nominations for the 2015 Awards for individuals (Eco Heroes) and Businesses, Non-Profits and Groups (Climate Solution Awards). For both awards, the nominees must exhibit exemplary actions or achievements in reducing greenhouse gas emissions (carbon footprint) in the areas of:
- Transportation (helping our community shift to non-fossil fuel vehicles and modes),
- Consumption (reducing consumption and waste related to food, water, goods, and services)
- Built energy (increasing efficiency of energy use in homes and commercial buildings.)
Other criteria include creating innovative solutions to real-life problems that can be replicated by others, and showing a commitment to an on-going, long-term effort.
Read full criteria and nominate someone by emailing this Cool Davis 2015 form to email@example.com
- Eco heroes: Kiayue (David Wang), Orhan Orgun, Dan Sperling and John Mott-Smith
- Climate Solution Awards: Parkview Place, Holmes JHS Green Team, and UCDavis Transportation Services
- Eco heroes: Andy Frank, Carla Peterman, Kristin Heinemeier, Ivy Zhou and Marissa Wong, Green Team at Holmes Junior High School
- Climate Solution Awards: Davis Bicycles School Committee, Hallmark Properties, Davis United Methodist Church
- Eco heroes: Robyn Waxman, Diane Swann, Dani Lee
- Climate Solution Awards: Davis Bike Collective, Davis Energy Group, MAK Design and Build, Judy Corbett and Local Government Commission, Davis Flea,
- Eco heroes: Julie Cross, Jeff Mailes, Robb and Nancy Davis
Move your money to a credit union or ethical bank! Credit unions usually donate to projects that strengthen local communities, and ethical banks make a commitment to support good causes. Green America Bank For Good BankTrack and Mighty Deposits are all great resources to find ethical banks!
LEARN MORE with Cathy Becker of Green America, Wednesday, November 15 at 6pm PST online. Our moderator will be Rekha Vaitla, Cool Davis board member and officer at CalSTRS.
Sign up here: www.cooldavis.org/2023/11/02/green-finances-banking-and-credit-cards-panel-yolo-earth-day-pledge/
Davis City Valley Clean Energy Tree Davis ... See MoreSee Less