Clamless Chowder from Plant Punk Kitchen
2 Cups Vegetable Stock + 1/4 Cup Vegetable Stock
1 Cup Celery, small dice
1/2 Cup Carrot, small dice
1 Cup Onion, small dice
2 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
1 Bay Leaf
Pinch of Salt (to taste)
1/2 Cup White Wine (or veg stock)
3 large Yellow Potato, small dice
3 Cups Almond Milk
1/2 teaspoon Kelp Granules
4 Tablespoons Flour +1/2 Cup Almond Milk (to make a slurry)
1/4 Cup Cashew Cream **
1 teaspoon Yellow Miso
2 dash Liquid Smoke (optional)
1 8 oz. Jar of Hearts of Palm, cup into rounds
Sourdough Bread Roll (optional) for Bowl
1. Warm a large pot on medium high heat. Saute celery, carrot, onion, and garlic with 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or water) until onions are soft, translucent and most liquid is reduced.
2. Add white wine and reduce by half then add 2 cups of vegetable broth and bay leaf reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add almond milk, 1/4 teaspoon kelp granules.
4. Fill a separate pot with cold water, add potato and cook until al dente.
5. In a small bowl, combine flour & 1/2 cup almond milk, stir until combine to make a slurry. Add to the large pot slowly while stirring. Increase heat to Medium, stir occasionally until
it thickens. Add salt to taste.
6. Add cashew cream and whisk until combined. Add miso, whisk to combine.
7. Reduce heat to low and add potatoes- cook for 10 minutes then add 1/4 teaspoon kelp granules and liquid smoke. Continue to cook over low heater 15 minutes.
8. Add hearts of palm. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until hearts of palm are warm.
Note: To serve in a sourdough bread bowl, cut the top off a medium sized sourdough roll, remove the bread on the inside, toast in oven with “lid” and excess bread on the side. Spoon
in chowder and enjoy!
Visit Plant Punk Kitchen for the full recipe and more
Join the Davis Futures Forum and Yolo Mobility, Cool Davis working groups, as they host guest speaker Susan Handy, Director of the National Center for Sustainable Transportation, who will offer her perspective on the current planning for I-80 traffic congestion and the Yolo Causeway. Her presentation will be followed by a diverse panel who will give us their thoughts about the Caltrans I-80 Corridor Master Plan and the associated widening project planned within Yolo County.
DATE: Thursday December 7th
TIME: 7:00 pm
LOCATION: Davis Community Church, 412 C St. Davis CA
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE MATERIAL AND VIDEO LINK
www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/event/info/?reset=1&id=252 ... See MoreSee Less
A stroll in the park with a few sprinkles! Cool Davis staff and SVCC Fellows spreading the word about the Yolo County #yolocaap workshop opportunity set for this Friday before and during 2nd Friday ArtAbout with Davis Creek residents (MHVillage.com). [Check out the cool solar panels in the background!] We want to hear their vision ... and yours ... for a resilient, healthy, and equitable future! Drop by between 4pm -7pm at Davis Odd Fellows 415 Second Street Davis City Yolo County Climate Action and Sustainability decolores.org/ Sign up for reminders: tinyurl.com/bw53bdmv Learn more: YoloCAAP.org ... See MoreSee Less
This Friday DEC 8!!!!!