Clamless Chowder from Plant Punk Kitchen
2 Cups Vegetable Stock + 1/4 Cup Vegetable Stock
1 Cup Celery, small dice
1/2 Cup Carrot, small dice
1 Cup Onion, small dice
2 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
1 Bay Leaf
Pinch of Salt (to taste)
1/2 Cup White Wine (or veg stock)
3 large Yellow Potato, small dice
3 Cups Almond Milk
1/2 teaspoon Kelp Granules
4 Tablespoons Flour +1/2 Cup Almond Milk (to make a slurry)
1/4 Cup Cashew Cream **
1 teaspoon Yellow Miso
2 dash Liquid Smoke (optional)
1 8 oz. Jar of Hearts of Palm, cup into rounds
Sourdough Bread Roll (optional) for Bowl
1. Warm a large pot on medium high heat. Saute celery, carrot, onion, and garlic with 1/4 cup vegetable broth (or water) until onions are soft, translucent and most liquid is reduced.
2. Add white wine and reduce by half then add 2 cups of vegetable broth and bay leaf reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add almond milk, 1/4 teaspoon kelp granules.
4. Fill a separate pot with cold water, add potato and cook until al dente.
5. In a small bowl, combine flour & 1/2 cup almond milk, stir until combine to make a slurry. Add to the large pot slowly while stirring. Increase heat to Medium, stir occasionally until
it thickens. Add salt to taste.
6. Add cashew cream and whisk until combined. Add miso, whisk to combine.
7. Reduce heat to low and add potatoes- cook for 10 minutes then add 1/4 teaspoon kelp granules and liquid smoke. Continue to cook over low heater 15 minutes.
8. Add hearts of palm. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until hearts of palm are warm.
Note: To serve in a sourdough bread bowl, cut the top off a medium sized sourdough roll, remove the bread on the inside, toast in oven with “lid” and excess bread on the side. Spoon
in chowder and enjoy!
Visit Plant Punk Kitchen for the full recipe and more
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
City of Keene, New Hampshire, establishes goal of transitioning to 100% clean and renewable energy: @SierraClub.
Keene, N.H., Announces 100% Renewable Energy Goal - Solar Industry
On Thursday, the city council of Keene, N.H., voted 14-1 to establish a goal of transitioning to 100% clean and renewable energy, the Sierra Club has ...