Winter Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice (Vegan Recipe)
Enjoy this vegan recipe from Plant Punk Kitchen!
Winter squash make for warm fall eating. Most squash ripen well after summer is over, and the butternut squash season is at its best between late autumn and winter.
- 4 baby Honeynut Squash
- 1 Cup Wild Rice
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 Cup Cranberries
- 1 Cup Shredded Baby Spinach
- 3 Tablespoons Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Cashew Butter (recipe on Plant Punk Kitchen website)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the Honeynut Squash in half, scoop the seeds out. Season the squash with salt, place in a baking dish cut side down, pour enough water to just about a 1/4 way up. Place in oven cooking for 35 minutes. The meat should tender but the squash should retain its shape.
- Start Rice Mix. Follow directions on package plus add the granulated garlic and dried basil to the water.
- Once the rice is cooked, mix in the Cashew butter, Apple Cider Vinegar, Cranberries, Spinach and the nutritional yeast. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cooked squash from the oven. Allow the squash to cool enough so that you can handle them. Carefully scoop the meat out, leaving a border around the edge about 1/4î thick. You looking to create a boat.
- Mix the scooped squash into the rice mixture. Fill the squash with the rice mix. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until hot.
- You can easily use any squash you like for this recipe. Roasting time will vary depending on the size.
- For the Wild Rice, we used a mix with lentils and amaranth.
- You can make this dish a day ahead of time. To reheat: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the squash in a baking dish with some water, cover with foil & cook for 35 minutes. Remove the foil cooking for another 15 minutes. The interior of the rice should be hot.
- This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
cooldaviscity Follow 2,093 815
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
grieving for the trees
The closure order is in effect through Dec. 31. https://trib.al/kp8wQwT
Join the NYT for Netting Zero, a Virtual Event Series on Climate Change
Join Us for Netting Zero, a Virtual Event Series on Climate Change
Each episode of Netting Zero brings together New York Times journalists with climate experts from business, policy, ...
Late night is stepping up for the planet. Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, James Corden, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah will unite across networks on Sept. 22 for "Climate Night."() #livecooldavis #davisca
Late-night hosts team for 'Climate Night'
Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, James Corden, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah will unite acro...
Adelante, a Mutual Housing Community is a new 38-unit community. Join the email interest list to be notified about applying starting now to Sept 15, 2021 10am. Oonline applications may be completed starting Sept 15 at 10am thru Sept 30th, 7:30pm.
Adelante, a Mutual Housing Community | Mutual Housing California
Interested in being notified once applications are available? Please fill out our contact form to be added to our ...
Don't Miss This Saturday's EVs @ Folsum Powerhouse Electricity Fair!
Bring the family and check out the EVs when @SacEV joins SMUD for the Historic Folsom Powerhouse Electricity Fair on Saturday, September 11, 2021 from 9am to 1pm @VCleanEnergy