Vegan Recipe – Broccoli Stuffed Pasta Shells
Check out this yummy vegan recipe with broccoli or other seasonal favorites from Plant Punk Kitchen! Serve with some nice warm crusty bread to sop up the tomato and “cheese” sauce.
- 2 Yellow Potatoes, Diced
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Miso Paste
- 3/4 Cup Plant milk
- 2 Teaspoons Apple cider vinegar
- 2 heads of Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 Can Cannellini Beans
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Flax seed meal
Pasta and toppings
- 1 box of large Pasta Shells
- 1- 25 oz. Bottle Tomato Sauce
- 1 sprig Chopped Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- For the “Cheese” Sauce, Place Potatoes and Cashews in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil until potatoes are soft- do not overcook. Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor until creamy and smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the pasta shells into the water stirring gently. Reduce the heat so that the pasta is cooking at a low boil. Stir occasionally. Drain and rinse the pasta. Set aside.
- Saute the onions over medium heat with a drop or two of grape seed oil, cooking until light brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add the broccoli, place enough in the pan to cover but not over crowd. The goal is to get a light char on the broccoli.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place in a large bowl and smash with a potato masher.
- Rough chop the broccoli. Place the broccoli in the bowl with the beans, add the onion, the flax seed meal. Gently mix. Add 1/4 cup of the cheese saucing mixing and slowing add more until the mixture is creamy and moist.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a large baking dish. Fill the shells with the broccoli filling. Place on top of the tomato sauce with the opening on the bottom.
- To finish spoon dollops of cheese sauce on top of the shells. Place in the oven cooking for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon more cheese over the shells.
- Chop the rosemary very fine and sprinkle on top of the pasta.
Substitutions and suggestions:
- Substitute Broccoli for another vegetable like Cauliflower, artichoke hearts or even add spinach. If you use spinach, make sure you squeeze out any extra moisture before adding it to the beans and “cheese” sauce.
- Be sure not to overcook the broccoli for a nice “bite” but make the filling as creamy or chunky as you like.
- You can use large tube pasta like cannelloni or even Ravioli instead of shells.
- Oil is always optional. Use a few drops to speed up browning or to avoid sticking. You can always saute your vegetables with a bit of water or Vegetable stock.
- This recipe is vegan and but NOT gluten free.
cooldaviscity Follow 2,093 815
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
grieving for the trees
The closure order is in effect through Dec. 31. https://trib.al/kp8wQwT
Join the NYT for Netting Zero, a Virtual Event Series on Climate Change
Join Us for Netting Zero, a Virtual Event Series on Climate Change
Each episode of Netting Zero brings together New York Times journalists with climate experts from business, policy, ...
Late night is stepping up for the planet. Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, James Corden, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah will unite across networks on Sept. 22 for "Climate Night."() #livecooldavis #davisca
Late-night hosts team for 'Climate Night'
Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, James Corden, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah will unite acro...
Adelante, a Mutual Housing Community is a new 38-unit community. Join the email interest list to be notified about applying starting now to Sept 15, 2021 10am. Oonline applications may be completed starting Sept 15 at 10am thru Sept 30th, 7:30pm.
Adelante, a Mutual Housing Community | Mutual Housing California
Interested in being notified once applications are available? Please fill out our contact form to be added to our ...
Don't Miss This Saturday's EVs @ Folsum Powerhouse Electricity Fair!
Bring the family and check out the EVs when @SacEV joins SMUD for the Historic Folsom Powerhouse Electricity Fair on Saturday, September 11, 2021 from 9am to 1pm @VCleanEnergy