Mediterranean Chickpea Fritter Recipe
What began as a falafel recipe evolved into the most delicious Mediterranean chickpea balls that are so simple yet add a huge amount of flavor to any dish they accompany. Black olives, parsley, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon juice combined with cooked chickpeas make for an intensely savory plant-based protein option perfect for grain bowls, salads, or appetizers.
I make this recipe ahead of time on the weekends and store the batter in the fridge. This makes for a fast weeknight dinner – just scoop and bake!
Makes approximately 16 fritters. Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: approx. 40 minutes
- 2, 14oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
- 15 black olives, drained
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, drained
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs oil from sundried tomato jar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor (can be done in batches if necessary) and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated. A few chunks of olives or sundried tomato are not a problem.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, created uniform balls and place them on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes, or until the bottoms have browned and the fritters are moderately firm to the touch. Enjoy with fresh vegetables, rice, and tahini dressing or with your favorite salad.
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Thanks Valley Climate Action Center for donating to support Cool Davis whole home energy engagement. Moving our community to use less fossil fuels and go All-Electric! #LiveCoolDavis
Read more: https://www.cooldavis.org/2020/08/07/cool-davis-receives-6000-for-all-electric-engagement/
Greywater Showcase Webinar 2020 in its entirety. Learn the basics of how to irrigate your garden with laundry and shower water. via @YouTube
Charge up your lifestyle with an electric vehicle! Learn more at our Drive Electric webpage https://www.cooldavis.org/cool-solutions/drive-electric-vehicle/ @SacEV @ITS_UCDavis @cityofdavis @GreenerDavis @bikedavis @VCleanEnergy
We're 88% of the way towards our community solar goal as of April. 520 more systems by the end of 2020! Can we do it? Visit our Rooftop Solar page to get started and answer questions. Contracting companies are up and running at full capacity!
Rooftop Solar Systems in Davis CA - % Make a solid decision about solar
Browse expert information and neighbor stories about rooftop solar systems in Davis, California. Help us reach 4,500 residiential solar systems by 202...