Mediterranean Chickpea Fritter Recipe
What began as a falafel recipe evolved into the most delicious Mediterranean chickpea balls that are so simple yet add a huge amount of flavor to any dish they accompany. Black olives, parsley, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon juice combined with cooked chickpeas make for an intensely savory plant-based protein option perfect for grain bowls, salads, or appetizers.
I make this recipe ahead of time on the weekends and store the batter in the fridge. This makes for a fast weeknight dinner – just scoop and bake!
Makes approximately 16 fritters. Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: approx. 40 minutes
- 2, 14oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
- 15 black olives, drained
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, drained
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs oil from sundried tomato jar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor (can be done in batches if necessary) and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated. A few chunks of olives or sundried tomato are not a problem.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, created uniform balls and place them on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes, or until the bottoms have browned and the fritters are moderately firm to the touch. Enjoy with fresh vegetables, rice, and tahini dressing or with your favorite salad.
Move your money to a credit union or ethical bank! Credit unions usually donate to projects that strengthen local communities, and ethical banks make a commitment to support good causes. Green America Bank For Good BankTrack and Mighty Deposits are all great resources to find ethical banks!
LEARN MORE with Cathy Becker of Green America, Wednesday, November 15 at 6pm PST online. Our moderator will be Rekha Vaitla, Cool Davis board member and officer at CalSTRS.
Sign up here: www.cooldavis.org/2023/11/02/green-finances-banking-and-credit-cards-panel-yolo-earth-day-pledge/
Davis City Valley Clean Energy Tree Davis ... See MoreSee Less