Mediterranean Chickpea Fritter Recipe
What began as a falafel recipe evolved into the most delicious Mediterranean chickpea balls that are so simple yet add a huge amount of flavor to any dish they accompany. Black olives, parsley, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon juice combined with cooked chickpeas make for an intensely savory plant-based protein option perfect for grain bowls, salads, or appetizers.
I make this recipe ahead of time on the weekends and store the batter in the fridge. This makes for a fast weeknight dinner – just scoop and bake!
Makes approximately 16 fritters. Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: approx. 40 minutes
- 2, 14oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
- 15 black olives, drained
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, drained
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs oil from sundried tomato jar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor (can be done in batches if necessary) and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated. A few chunks of olives or sundried tomato are not a problem.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, created uniform balls and place them on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes, or until the bottoms have browned and the fritters are moderately firm to the touch. Enjoy with fresh vegetables, rice, and tahini dressing or with your favorite salad.
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Biden signs executive actions on COVID, climate change, immigration and more via @CBSPolitics
Biden signs executive actions on COVID, climate change, immigration and more
The 46th president is undoing some of his predecessor's executive actions.
This week's AQI Forecast is for more Moderate (Yellow) air quality. Don't Light Tonight Advisory in effect tonight with slightly improving concentrations of PM 2.5 over the week. Sign up for forecasts or alerts at http://www.ysaqmd.enviroflash.info
Join Travis Credit Union and the Driving Clean Assistance Program to learn how to receive a grant of up to $5,000 towards purchasing an electric vehicle! @TravisCU
Are you having trouble with your electric bill? We're here to help.
PG&E has extended no power shut-offs through April, at the earliest to help customers get through these tough times.
For more help with your bill, visit https://valleycleanenergy.org/news/you-may-now-qualify-for-discounted-utility-rates/ or call 855-699-8232 M-F, 7am-pm
“I’m optimistic about 2021. My hope lies in the millions of young people who are speaking up and demanding action. Let’s continue doing that, because I know we will win.”