Mediterranean Chickpea Fritter Recipe
What began as a falafel recipe evolved into the most delicious Mediterranean chickpea balls that are so simple yet add a huge amount of flavor to any dish they accompany. Black olives, parsley, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and lemon juice combined with cooked chickpeas make for an intensely savory plant-based protein option perfect for grain bowls, salads, or appetizers.
I make this recipe ahead of time on the weekends and store the batter in the fridge. This makes for a fast weeknight dinner – just scoop and bake!
Enjoy! PDF download of Mediterranean Chickpea Fritter recipe.
Makes approximately 16 fritters. Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: approx. 40 minutes
- 2, 14oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
- 15 black olives, drained
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, drained
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs oil from sundried tomato jar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor (can be done in batches if necessary) and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated. A few chunks of olives or sundried tomato are not a problem.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, created uniform balls and place them on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 40 minutes, or until the bottoms have browned and the fritters are moderately firm to the touch. Enjoy with fresh vegetables, rice, and tahini dressing or with your favorite salad.
This content isn't available right now ... See MoreSee Less
This content isn't available right nowWhen this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.
Check out our newest newsletter: Monica's All-Electric Home, Rising Energy Bills, "What the Health" with FREE Vegan Meal, Trash Talk, and Getting Around, Plus Reducing Travel Emissions by Nala and Making Your Phone Last by Karen. #davisca #sustainability #Electrification Lots of great info and ideas to up your game! www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/mailing/view/?id=1270 ... See MoreSee Less
Davis youth climate leaders meet with Davis City Council members during global Friday strike ... today ... at Central Park Davis ... right now! #fridayforfuture #climatestrikedavis
Check out our newest newsletter: Monica's All-Electric Home, Rising Energy Bills, "What the Health" with FREE Vegan Meal, & Trash Talk, Plus Reducing Travel Emissions & Making Your Phone Last. #davisca #sustainability #Electrification Up your game! https://www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/mailing/view/?id=1270