Electric Vehicle Incentives: VCE Infographic Lays out the Roadmap
Valley Clean Energy plans to open up its electric vehicle rebate program in mid-September this year. If you receive electricity services from VCE and qualified for a rebate from CVRP, you might be eligible to receive an additional $2,000 or up to $4,000 if you are an income qualified applicant. That stacks up to some serious savings! VCE encourages you to apply early because funds are limited. The program will continue only until rebate funds are exhausted. Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
The VCE program will add another layer of rebates and incentives for people who buy or lease new electric vehicles. Taken together with the state and federal incentives already in place, you can save a bundle when you step into a fossil fuel-free drive!
ELECTRIC VEHICLE INCENTIVES
- Clean Vehicle Assistance Program Reservation list full as of July 2022. Income eligible grants for used electric vehicles.
- Driving Clean Assistance Program up to $5,000 off, low interest rate loans, funds for charging (income eligible)
- California Clean Fuel Reward $750 off sales price. IMPORTANT: Temporarily unavailable. See FAQs
- California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) rebates for buyers and lease holders, including electric trucks and motorcycles. Due to recent price increases, Tesla vehicles are no longer eligible for CVRP. Tesla orders placed on or before March 15, 2022 may qualify. Check website for current rebates.
- Federal tax credit up to $7,500 for buyers of new EVs (IRS form 8936) (watch for updates on their website). Congress recently passed new legislation—the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022—which changes credit amounts and requirements for clean energy vehicles.
Find more incentives on our Ways to Save page for Rooftop Solar, Solar Hot Water, Wood Stove Replacement, and Home Energy!
Learn more about electric vehicles from Valley Clean Energy (who so graciously allowed us to share this infographic)!
Learn more about electric vehicles on our Drive Electric page!
Note: VCE’s incentives roadmap below will be updated soon to reflect the constantly changing incentives landscape:
The Cool Davis Climate Movie Circle will screen online #InvisibleHandFilm Dec 11th at 1:30pm with follow up discussion online Dec 12 6-8pm. Register now! https://www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/event/register/?reset=1&id=188 #davisca #invisiblehandfilm #eventsindavis #daviscalifornia More info: https://www.cooldavis.org/2022/12/06/december-climate-movie-circle-the-invisible-hand-online/
City of Davis City Council Meeting set for tonight, Tuesday Dec 6th between 6pm-11pm. Climate Action and Adapation Plan Item #8 PLANNED START 8:10PM.
Livestream LINK online at: Click video next to Dec 6 https://cityofdavis.org/city-hall/city-council/city-council-meetings/meeting-videos