Facing the Future Together: The Fierce Determination of Local Action
As election day came and went and wins and losses continue to emerge, the United States quietly completed the process of exiting from the Paris Climate Accords. In the midst of acts of racial violence and injustice throughout the summer and another season of record setting temperatures and wildfires, voters continue to choose candidates who do not recognize the social and climate crises we face.
If nothing else, recent events have demonstrated the power and necessity of local action, preparedness, and equity as we go forward. Regardless of election outcomes or the U.S. departure from the Paris Accords, we have always had the ability to act locally — as individuals and community. We the people, of our street, our neighborhood, and our town, must lead the way. Our fierce determination to take action at the local level endures. You are not alone in your dedication! Cool Davis is with you!
Cool Davis as your local climate action organization is asking you to act. Join us and donate what you can!
Your gift of $100 will keep our baseline operations going strong in 2021!
Gratitude, Cool Davis style
We are grateful for the opportunity to work with partners, Coalition members and dedicated working groups like Cool Cuisine, Davis Electric Vehicle Association, Davis Futures Forum, Yolo Interfaith Alliance for Climate Justice, Waterwise, and READ-Y. Together we set new standards, create new programs and mechanisms for action.
As we build on decades of local policy, the City and County continue to respond. In 2019 Davis passed a Climate Emergency Resolution dedicating the City to carbon neutrality by 2040 and called for the update of the Climate Action and Adaptation Plan which is moving forward. County Supervisors last month responded to the Yolo Climate Emergency Coalition and passed a similar resolution!
Your donation helps us to continue supporting and nurturing local collaboration!
As we continue to celebrate our 10 Year Anniversary we look forward with hope into 2021. We pledge to engage more households in transforming their lives and working together to build a more resilient community.
- Cool Davis works with households like yours in planning their next actions on the Cool Home Checklist.
- Homeowners all over the community are on the verge of achieving our community Double Up on Solar goal with 4,000+ households successfully installing solar. This is 90+% of the way to the campaign goal.
- Cool Davis’ Heating & Cooling Make a Plan programs for home energy conservation offer households simple low-cost solutions, resources to help you in heat emergencies, information on how to evaluate innovations like battery backups, and strategies to replace natural gas with all electric.
- Cool Davis’ Ride Cool Campaign still brings you Electric Vehicle education now online. Over 2000 electric vehicles are registered in Davis and new vehicle charging stations are being built.
- Cool Davis Coalition and working groups (Davis Electric Vehicle Association, Davis Futures Forum, Yolo Interfaith Alliance for Climate Justice, Waterwise, and READ-Y) continue on-line and in the community with the support of Cool Davis staff, tools and resources.
- In 2020 we made all this available in online webinars and YouTube videos at #LiveCoolDavis.
Your donation now can keep all this important work going in 2021!
Your actions and fierce determination must make the difference!
SIGN UP! MAKE A PLAN!
No matter what progress we make, there’s always more to do!
Join the City and County as they plan the next 10 years of efforts!
Make your 10 year transformation plan too!
- Go to https://www.cooldavis.org/signup/ to sign up!
- Become a Cool Home — signing up for our newsletter and targeted email lists. Cool Home Checklist is ready and the Cool Davis team is ready to help you along the way.
- Get busy on your next action(s), then send us your story of how you did it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help other households make their plan! Sign up to volunteer ! Be a neighborhood champion!
- Join the Cool Davis Coalition . Volunteer to help with a Coalition Working Group or Partner!
- Subscribe to our YouTube Educational Channel – #LiveCoolDavis
It matters where you put your money!
- Give to Cool Davis and our Working Groups!
- Sign up for Amazon Smile. Include Cool Davis in your list of organizations!
- Pledge to give monthly, quarterly, annually!
- Donate your car!
Don’t forget to buy green and Give Cool this winter holiday.
Join the Davis Futures Forum and Yolo Mobility, Cool Davis working groups, as they host guest speaker Susan Handy, Director of the National Center for Sustainable Transportation, who will offer her perspective on the current planning for I-80 traffic congestion and the Yolo Causeway. Her presentation will be followed by a diverse panel who will give us their thoughts about the Caltrans I-80 Corridor Master Plan and the associated widening project planned within Yolo County.
DATE: Thursday December 7th
TIME: 7:00 pm
LOCATION: Davis Community Church, 412 C St. Davis CA
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE MATERIAL AND VIDEO LINK
www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/event/info/?reset=1&id=252 ... See MoreSee Less
A stroll in the park with a few sprinkles! Cool Davis staff and SVCC Fellows spreading the word about the Yolo County #yolocaap workshop opportunity set for this Friday before and during 2nd Friday ArtAbout with Davis Creek residents (MHVillage.com). [Check out the cool solar panels in the background!] We want to hear their vision ... and yours ... for a resilient, healthy, and equitable future! Drop by between 4pm -7pm at Davis Odd Fellows 415 Second Street Davis City Yolo County Climate Action and Sustainability decolores.org/ Sign up for reminders: tinyurl.com/bw53bdmv Learn more: YoloCAAP.org ... See MoreSee Less
This Friday DEC 8!!!!!