Cabbage Slaw Recipe
Dive on into summer picnics and potlucks with this incredibly delicious and healthy cabbage slaw recipe! What’s great about this dish is that it is great eaten on its own, as a snack, or packed into all sorts of sandwiches or plant-based burgers. (For instance, it pairs great with jackfruit BBQ sliders!)
- 1/2 head purple cabbage (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (vegan options are available if that is preferred)
- 3-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the purple and green cabbage and dump into a large bowl with the shredded carrots. Pour and massage the dressing into the cabbage and carrot mix, chill in the fridge, and serve.
Adapted recipe and photo by Shari Brown. Visit @Naturallyfueled on Instagram for more meals like this one!
The reading and discussion of the award winning collection of poems entitled "Swerve" with Ellery Akers was insightful and inspiring. Join Ellery and Poet Laureate of Davis Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop this Sunday. There's still time to join us! City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs John Natsoulas Gallery Davis Downtown Davis City #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia #daviscalifornia
www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/ ... See MoreSee Less
Join Ellery Akers and Poet Laureate Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop Sunday 4pm. There's still time! @NatsoulasArt @UCDavisNews @CaliforniaAggie @davisartcenter @AtTgif #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia
Tonight at 7pm "Swerve" with Ellery Akers and Julia B. Levine. Explore the intersection of environmentalism, feminism, and resistance. #ecopoetry #davisca #daviscalifornia #natsoulasgallery #poetryindavis https://www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/