Cabbage Slaw Recipe
Dive on into summer picnics and potlucks with this incredibly delicious and healthy cabbage slaw recipe! What’s great about this dish is that it is great eaten on its own, as a snack, or packed into all sorts of sandwiches or plant-based burgers. (For instance, it pairs great with jackfruit BBQ sliders!)
- 1/2 head purple cabbage (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (vegan options are available if that is preferred)
- 3-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the purple and green cabbage and dump into a large bowl with the shredded carrots. Pour and massage the dressing into the cabbage and carrot mix, chill in the fridge, and serve.
Adapted recipe and photo by Shari Brown. Visit @Naturallyfueled on Instagram for more meals like this one!
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Let's all learn it for this Fourth of July
Join SOLidarity Summer Camp every Wed and Friday in Davis Central Park 10am-1pm. Strike today and every Friday 12-1 in solidarity with #blacklivesmatter, today with @AlexandriaV2005, leading climate youth activist. Fill out this intake form if interested
Sol Summer Davis Questionnaire
The Sol Summer Camp (a collaboration between Davis parents and UC Davis students/affiliates) is a multigenerational space for the community to gather ...
High school, junior high, and college students from all around the country will be attending summer Youth4Climate Camps. Join the ongoing Session I: June 29 – July 24, 2020 or register ahead for Session II: July 27 – August 21, 2020.
Youth4Climate Summer Camp (Virtual) - Youth4Climate350
Session I: June 29 – July 24, 2020 Session II: July 27 – August 21, 2020 Previous Next Why Y4C? Program details Find your voice at Y4C What stud...