Cabbage Slaw Recipe
Dive on into summer picnics and potlucks with this incredibly delicious and healthy cabbage slaw recipe! What’s great about this dish is that it is great eaten on its own, as a snack, or packed into all sorts of sandwiches or plant-based burgers. (For instance, it pairs great with jackfruit BBQ sliders!)
- 1/2 head purple cabbage (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (vegan options are available if that is preferred)
- 3-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the purple and green cabbage and dump into a large bowl with the shredded carrots. Pour and massage the dressing into the cabbage and carrot mix, chill in the fridge, and serve.
Adapted recipe and photo by Shari Brown. Visit @Naturallyfueled on Instagram for more meals like this one!
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.