Call for 2013 Eco-hero Award Nominations
The celebration for the 2012/13 Cool Davis Eco Hero Awards is set for April 21. Each year Cool Davis selects three individuals from our community to highlight with a special award. The criteria are listed below.
If you would like to nominate an individual, please submit the name and a paragraph why the person is deserving of recognition to Lynne Nittler at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 18 at noon. Please also include who you are and if you represent an organization or business.
The nominating committee will meet the evening or March 18 to begin the selection process. Thank you.
Criteria to identify individuals for Cool Davis Eco-Hero Awards:
• Our aim is to recognize several visionary Davis residents who model how to incorporate sustainable practices into their civic and everyday lives. We want to honor some of the often hidden heroes among us who are forging and implementing new ways to live lightly with less impact on the environment.
• We are looking for activists who, out of personal conviction, and often out of the limelight as well, are just doing “the right thing” for themselves, our community and our planet. We hope the attention the award brings helps to highlight and spread “right actions.”
• Those chosen may represent a Cool Davis theme (low carbon footprints in transportation, consumption, and/or home/building energy use) or they may just live exemplary and inspirational “green” lives.
• The awards may be given for a particular personal effort, for volunteer efforts in the community, or for efforts in organizations and businesses, so long as the actions serve as models to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
• While giving the awards supports the goals of Cool Davis, we expect that the individuals, and possibly their organizations or businesses will enjoy and benefit from having their thoughtful actions shared widely.
Past Eco Heros
Our 2020 awards went to Ben Pearl, Larry Fisher, and Derek Downey. Our 2011 awards went to Robb and Nancy Davis, Julie Cross, and Jeff Mailes.
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Davis Solidarity Climate Strike today 12pm-1pm: Be sure to come to 5th and B and help celebrate this week's Standing Rock legal victory. The Dakota Access company was ordered to stop the North Dakota Access pipeline! (Might be a bit late today, hang in there).
School strike week 99. The climate crisis doesn’t go on summer holiday, so we keep on protesting.
#climatestrikeonline #StayAtHome #fridaysforfuture #schoolstrike4climate #flattenthecurve
Open Air Davis launched last Friday, closing part of G Street to traffic, and allowing restaurants and stores to expand onto the sidewalk and street. Starting this Friday July 10, the program will grow to include Second Street between E and F streets.
Comings & Goings: G Street closes on weekends for dining, shopping
Open Air Davis launched Friday, closing part of G Street to traffic, and allowing restaurants and stores to expand onto the sidewalk and street. Part ...
Great info including specifics on range of models from @EforElectric @SacEV @ITS_UCDavis GREAT DEALS on Used Electric Cars Under $10,000 via @YouTube