2023 Environmental Recognition Awards Nominations Sought
Nomination form: Environmental Recognition Award Nomination (PDF).
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, March 15, 2023.
Each year the City of Davis recognizes community contributions to Davis’ environmental quality of life in three categories: individual/group, a business, and non-profit organization, agency or school. Additionally, a special category, the Environmental Legacy Award, may be presented for sustainability efforts that have made a difference as part of Davis’ history over more than 100 years.
Download the ERA Flyer (PDF).
- Nominee’s actions/achievements address a current environmental concern.
- Nominee has an established record of achievements or actions benefiting the environment and quality of life in and around Davis, with commitment to continued effort long term.
- Nominee has creatively implemented or developed an innovative project related to sustainability or the environment.
- Nominee has set an example of how to conduct business, set up a home environment, and/or live daily in a manner that encourages sustainability and harmony with nature.
- Nominee has impacted others in the Davis community, through outreach, engagement or education efforts.
How does one nominate a business, an individual or group, or a non-profit organization?
Nominations must use the fillable nominations form and be submitted online.
- Nomination category (Note – Youth are eligible in all categories):
- Business – must possess a current, valid City business license and be located within the City of Davis.
- Individual/Group – must be current resident(s) of Davis.
- Non-Profit Organization, Agency, School, or other community-based organization – must be located and operate in Davis. Non-profits must have a current and valid 501(c) or 23701d certification and must be located within the City of Davis.
- Nominee: The name, address, email and phone number of the nominee
- Nominator: the name, address, email and phone number of the nominator.
- Narrative Information:
- How the nominee has shown exceptional environmental initiative, and/or how the nominee’s actions/achievements have improved our environmental quality of life.
- You may attach additional information that supports this nominee’s application. This supporting documentation may be used verbatim for the award presentation and news article.
- Review previous award recipients in each category.
Where do I submit a nomination?
To submit a nomination, you may email your nomination packet to Kerry Loux at KLoux@cityofdavis.org, City of Davis, Department of Community Development and Sustainability.
This content isn't available right now ... See MoreSee Less
This content isn't available right nowWhen this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.
Check out our newest newsletter: Monica's All-Electric Home, Rising Energy Bills, "What the Health" with FREE Vegan Meal, Trash Talk, and Getting Around, Plus Reducing Travel Emissions by Nala and Making Your Phone Last by Karen. #davisca #sustainability #Electrification Lots of great info and ideas to up your game! www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/mailing/view/?id=1270 ... See MoreSee Less
Davis youth climate leaders meet with Davis City Council members during global Friday strike ... today ... at Central Park Davis ... right now! #fridayforfuture #climatestrikedavis
Check out our newest newsletter: Monica's All-Electric Home, Rising Energy Bills, "What the Health" with FREE Vegan Meal, & Trash Talk, Plus Reducing Travel Emissions & Making Your Phone Last. #davisca #sustainability #Electrification Up your game! https://www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/mailing/view/?id=1270