Big Day of Giving All Day Thursday May 5
The Big Day of Giving is one of our most important fundraising events of the year. It will be all-hands-on-deck all day this Thursday, May 5th, until midnight, when donations for Big Day of Giving end. We are grateful to our matching fund donors this year who are helping us meet our overall goal of $40,000. Please join us in applauding:
Lisa Baker, Jason Bone (Geospatial Clarity), Carol and Dick Bourne, Larry Greene, Julie Haney, Kristin Heinemeier, John Johnston, Ken Kirsch (MAK Design Build), Michael McCormick, Judy Moores, Lynne Nittler, Matt Price, Johannes Troost, and Bapu Vaitla.
Since early giving kicked off on April 21st so many early donors have stepped up with over $5000 in donations through May 2!
Amy Abramson, Linda Bernheim, Claire Black Slotton, Barry Bolden, Tom Bone, Ray & Verena Borton, Dawn Calciano, Manny & Debbie Carbahal, Geospatial Clarity, Linda Clevenger & Seth Brunner, Aimee Crawford, Bill Dakin, Andrew & Gina Enberg, Susan Faggionato, Ben Finkelor, Debbie & Bob Fung, Brian Gegan, Greg Guss, Sharon Hale, Julie Haney, Kristin Heinemeier, J. Carol Hillhouse, Marc Hoeschele, Ken Kirsch, Joe Krovoza, Karen Leyse, Kathy Miura, Donald Morrill, Marilyn Moyle, Ann Noble, Tom Pattison, Bill Roe, Adele Shaw, Daniel Sperling, Max Stevenson, Steve Stombler, Virginia Thigpen, Stewart Thompson, Cindy Toy, Johannes Troost, Jeff Tweddale, Wilfred Uecker, Lynn Volkerts, Barbara Wagner, Christina West, Villara – B Scot Williams, and Judy Wydick.
Two special giving opportunities are available through Golden 1 Credit Union members and the Yolo Community Foundation. Scroll to the bottom for details!
We hope you will join all our donors and give this year!
Also, thank you to the Cool Davis Board members and friends who have set up their own challenge webpages to encourage others to donate. You are awesome! Click their links below to see each individual challenge page!
- Jason Bone
- Carol & Dick Bourne
- Larry Greene
- Julie Haney
- Kristin Heinemeier
- Ken Kirsch
- Johannes Troost
If you miss donating on the 5th, your donations can still be accepted on our usual Donation page.
Again we are so grateful for your support, and all the hope that your actions bring to others in our community!
Jason Bone, President Cool Davis Board
Christine Granger, Cool Davis Executive Director
p.s. Don’t forget to join us for our next event coming later this month!
May 18 Reading and May 22nd Workshop “SWERVE” with Poet Ellery Akers
Golden 1 Credit Union will match its members
Big Day of Giving is an annual 24-hour online campaign designed to support the nonprofits that strengthen our communities. Golden 1 has partnered with Big Day of Giving for 10 years!Here’s how it works:1. Go to bigdayofgiving.org on Thursday, May 5.2. Choose the organizations you want to support (ahem, Cool Davis, please, but they’re all great!). More than 700 local nonprofits are participating!3. Donate using your Golden 1 debit or credit card.4. Golden 1 will match member donations up to $100,000!More details here: https://www.golden1.com/our-community/events
Make your donation, and follow along with the donation ticker!
Video contest through Yolo Community Foundation with $500 prize
Support your favorite Yolo-based nonprofit(s) for a chance to win on Big Day of Giving! Three organizations will win an extra $500 donation from Nugget Markets. Contest is hosted by Yolo Community Foundation and sponsored by Nugget Markets. Big Day of Giving is a program of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation.
Visit here for more information: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L7dM-ZUtMYJJd4Dnuzzda2Lz4exhdsSwN4ji6GAm9gM/edit
How to Enter
- Create a short video about why you are supporting an organization for BDOG (filming tips are below)
- Post the video to Facebook or Instagram from April 21 to May 5 at 12pm. Post to your own page, the Yolo Community Foundation page, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posts must include #GiveYolo2022, @YoloCommunityFoundation (@Yolo.CF for Instagram), and @NuggetMarkets. Please also tag the organization you’re supporting, and use #BDOG2022.
- Facebook posts must be set to “Public” audience. Submitted videos may be shared on the Yolo Community Foundation or Nugget Markets accounts.
Rules and Details
- One organization/entry per video. Supporters can post multiple videos, each for a different nonprofit. Nonprofit staff, board members, and others are eligible to create videos for entry.
- Organizations must be based in Yolo County and participating in Big Day of Giving
- Entries must be posted between April 21 to May 5 at 12pm. Winners will be drawn live on the Yolo Community Foundation Facebook page on May 5.
- Each organization may win one $500 prize.
- While we encourage all supporters to donate to nonprofits on BDOG, it is not a requirement for contest entry.
- Yolo Community Foundation or Nugget Markets may share posted videos that are public.
- Yolo Community Foundation is not eligible to win a prize (although supporter videos are welcome!)
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
The reading and discussion of the award winning collection of poems entitled "Swerve" with Ellery Akers was insightful and inspiring. Join Ellery and Poet Laureate of Davis Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop this Sunday. There's still time to join us! City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs John Natsoulas Gallery Davis Downtown Davis City #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia #daviscalifornia
www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/ ... See MoreSee Less
Join Ellery Akers and Poet Laureate Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop Sunday 4pm. There's still time! @NatsoulasArt @UCDavisNews @CaliforniaAggie @davisartcenter @AtTgif #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia
Tonight at 7pm "Swerve" with Ellery Akers and Julia B. Levine. Explore the intersection of environmentalism, feminism, and resistance. #ecopoetry #davisca #daviscalifornia #natsoulasgallery #poetryindavis https://www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/