Submit Nominations for Environmental Recognition Awards by March 21
Nomination form: Environmental Recognition Award Nomination (PDF)
Nomination Deadline: Monday, March 21, 2022.
- Nominee’s actions/achievements address a current environmental concern.
- Nominee has an established record of achievements or actions benefiting the environment and quality of life in and around Davis, with commitment to continued effort long term.
- Nominee has creatively implemented or developed an innovative project related to sustainability or the environment.
- Nominee has set an example of how to conduct business, set up a home environment, and/or live daily in a manner that encourages sustainability and harmony with nature.
- Nominee has impacted others in the Davis community, through outreach, engagement or education efforts.
How does one nominate a business, an individual or group, or a non-profit organization?
Nominations must use the fillable nominations form and be submitted online.
- Nomination category (Note – Youth are eligible in all categories):
- Business – must possess a current, valid City business license and be located within the City of Davis.
- Individual/Group – must be current resident(s) of Davis.
- Non-Profit Organization, Agency, School, or other community-based organization – must be located and operate in Davis. Non-profits must have a current and valid 501(c) or 23701d certification and must be located within the City of Davis.
- Nominee: The name, address, email and phone number of the nominee
- Nominator: the name, address, email and phone number of the nominator.
- Narrative Information:
- How the nominee has shown exceptional environmental initiative, and/or how the nominee’s actions/achievements have improved our environmental quality of life.
- You may attach additional information that supports this nominee’s application. This supporting documentation may be used verbatim for the award presentation and news article.
- Review previous award recipients in each category.
Where do I submit a nomination?
To submit a nomination, you may email your nomination packet to Kerry Loux at KLoux@cityofdavis.org, City of Davis, Department of Community Development and Sustainability.
Download the ERA Flyer (PDF).
Move your money to a credit union or ethical bank! Credit unions usually donate to projects that strengthen local communities, and ethical banks make a commitment to support good causes. Green America Bank For Good BankTrack and Mighty Deposits are all great resources to find ethical banks!
LEARN MORE with Cathy Becker of Green America, Wednesday, November 15 at 6pm PST online. Our moderator will be Rekha Vaitla, Cool Davis board member and officer at CalSTRS.
Sign up here: www.cooldavis.org/2023/11/02/green-finances-banking-and-credit-cards-panel-yolo-earth-day-pledge/
Davis City Valley Clean Energy Tree Davis ... See MoreSee Less