Davis Media Access “10-Minutes on Topic” Series Features Cool Davis
Happy New Year from Davis Media Access (DMA)! A new series with Executive Director Autumn Labbe-Renault, 10-Minutes on Topic, included a segment with Cool Davis Community Engagement Campaign Manager Leslie Crenna, talking about the very beginnings of our re-envisioned Cool Davis communtiy engagement campaign. The household engagement campaign has assembled an advisory team and is moving forward in the new year with planning and projects. Stayed tune for more details soon!
The Davis Media Access Media Center is open for in-person volunteers! See below for COVID guidelines and requirements. If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to suggest modifications, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org and Darrick Servis.
Media Center COVID guidelines
Davis Media Access (DMA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. DMA is a community media center serving Davis, CA and surrounding areas. Their mission is to enrich and strengthen the community by providing alternatives to commercial media for local voices, opinions and creative endeavors. Major projects are KDRT 95.7 F , Davis Community Television and DJUSD Channel 17. Visit Davis Media Access for more information.
- Confirm upon entry that to the best of their knowledge, within the past 14 days they do not have nor have they been exposed to anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. Neither have they tested positive to Covid-19 nor been around anyone else who has tested positive within 14 days of entering the facility. Symptoms include but not limited to: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, abdominal pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell
- Any positive test for Covid-19 or close contact with anyone testing positive or exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of visiting DMA must be reported to email@example.com immediately, HIPAA notwithstanding. DMA will keep information confidential and only use it to assist the county with contact tracing
- The user will comply with all requirements, and orders of federal, state and local governmental entities
- Users must wash hands upon arriving at the DMA facility
- Users must wear a mask at all times (DMA will provide one by request)
- Practice social distancing at all times with six (6) feet between people
- Users must assist with cleaning shared spaces as directed by DMA staff
- May not complain to, or berate DMA staff re: public health protocol
- Entering DMA facilities is at user’s own risk, and precludes legal action against DMA as a result of any exposure to coronavirus as a result of using the DMA facilities
- No guests are allowed
- You will sign in upon entering via the Daily Sign-In Sheet
- If handling or operating any equipment you will clean according to the Equipment Cleaning Procedure & Log
- You have signed the Revised DMA Code of Conduct
- Your contact information is up to date (email, phone, address, name)
- Your Emergency Contact Information is up to date
- You will minimize the number of objects shared with others. I.e. pens, headphones, magazines, etc.
- You will be mindful of and minimize what you touch throughout the facility
- You will wash your hands upon entry and exit
- You will not enter the facility without an appointment or prior approval.
- You are aware of local COVID-19 testing options, including: https://healthydavistogether.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you must follow your healthcare provider recommendations before returning to the facility
- Turn on Suite Fan upon entry, Turn off Suite Fan if last in building for the day.
- Wet wipes & hand sanitizer available in lobby. Use spray and microfiber towel if no wipes.
- Spray paper towel with cleaner before wiping radio board. Don’t spray board. Top Row of buttons should all be left pressed.
- Each DJ is responsible for wiping down all counters and equipment touch surfaces after their shift
- DJs are strongly encouraged to bring their own headphones
- Community headphones are available in studios, and DJs are responsible for wiping them down before and after use
- Station management maintains a supply of disposable microphone covers in the studio. DJs pick a fresh windscreen from the clean bin, and deposit it in the trash after their shift
The reading and discussion of the award winning collection of poems entitled "Swerve" with Ellery Akers was insightful and inspiring. Join Ellery and Poet Laureate of Davis Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop this Sunday. There's still time to join us! City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs John Natsoulas Gallery Davis Downtown Davis City #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia #daviscalifornia
www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/ ... See MoreSee Less
School strike week 202. #FridaysForFuture #ClimateStrike
Join Ellery Akers and Poet Laureate Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop Sunday 4pm. There's still time! @NatsoulasArt @UCDavisNews @CaliforniaAggie @davisartcenter @AtTgif #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia