Support Davis Farm to School Programs at the Virtual Village Feast
Registration is free!
The Davis Village Feast celebrates the Sacramento-region Farm to Fork season where we gather to enjoy and honor the bounty of our local farmers. In past years we have met together for an afternoon of dining at a communal long table in Davis Central Park, in the style of a Provencal Grand Aioli.
Once again, this year, because of the pandemic, we are hosting the entire event online!
Saturday, Oct 9th, 1:00pm to 2:30pm PST
The event is free to attend; there are three ways to participate (we hope you will do all three):
1) An online auction with one-of-a-kind experiences and items donated by chefs, restaurants, wineries, and community members. The auction will open for bids a couple weeks before the main event, and final bidding will close a few hours after the event ends.
2) A live Zoom hosted event, where we will be celebrating community, sharing our private gathering feasts virtually, playing Trivia games, closing out the online auctions, all the while raising funds for our missions.
- The Zoom event will go from 1:00pm to 2:30pm PST, Saturday, Oct 9th. Please join a few minutes early.
- Note that you will need two devices: a computer or tablet to participate in the Zoom event, and phone or computer to bid on auction items.
3) Enjoying the Village Feast in private gatherings. Where is a “virtual” feast without a “feast”? There will be several options for enjoying the Feast in private gatherings. We will once again be partnering with local food providers and restaurants who will be offering full Provencal-style prepared meals for pick-up or delivery, or ingredients to cook up a fabulous meal.
Stay tuned as we update this page with more information about our Feast food partners.
Once you are registered for the event, organizers will be able to email you details of how to order your food, participate in the Zoom call, and participate in the Auction, as the details firm up.
Who benefits from this Fundraiser?
Les Dames d’Escoffier Sacramento Chapter and Davis Farm to School are working together to support education programs around food and agriculture. Davis Farm to School provides garden grants, farm field trips and support for farm-fresh food in the schools. The Dames provide funds for women with children in the Saint John’s Program for Real Change (a residential shelter with a culinary training program), as well as scholarships to women in food, wine, agriculture, and hospitality. All proceeds from The Village Feast go toward these missions
cooldaviscity Follow 2,093 815
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
grieving for the trees
The closure order is in effect through Dec. 31. https://trib.al/kp8wQwT
Join the NYT for Netting Zero, a Virtual Event Series on Climate Change
Join Us for Netting Zero, a Virtual Event Series on Climate Change
Each episode of Netting Zero brings together New York Times journalists with climate experts from business, policy, ...
Late night is stepping up for the planet. Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, James Corden, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah will unite across networks on Sept. 22 for "Climate Night."() #livecooldavis #davisca
Late-night hosts team for 'Climate Night'
Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, James Corden, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah will unite acro...
Adelante, a Mutual Housing Community is a new 38-unit community. Join the email interest list to be notified about applying starting now to Sept 15, 2021 10am. Oonline applications may be completed starting Sept 15 at 10am thru Sept 30th, 7:30pm.
Adelante, a Mutual Housing Community | Mutual Housing California
Interested in being notified once applications are available? Please fill out our contact form to be added to our ...
Don't Miss This Saturday's EVs @ Folsum Powerhouse Electricity Fair!
Bring the family and check out the EVs when @SacEV joins SMUD for the Historic Folsom Powerhouse Electricity Fair on Saturday, September 11, 2021 from 9am to 1pm @VCleanEnergy