Support Davis Farm to School Programs at the Virtual Village Feast
Come to the Virtual Village Feast, Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 1-2:30pm, benefiting Davis Farm to School and Les Les Dames d’Escoffier Sacramento Chapter.
Registration is free!
The Davis Village Feast celebrates the Sacramento-region Farm to Fork season where we gather to enjoy and honor the bounty of our local farmers. In past years we have met together for an afternoon of dining at a communal long table in Davis Central Park, in the style of a Provencal Grand Aioli.
Once again, this year, because of the pandemic, we are hosting the entire event online!
Saturday, Oct 9th, 1:00pm to 2:30pm PST
The event is free to attend; there are three ways to participate (we hope you will do all three):
1) An online auction with one-of-a-kind experiences and items donated by chefs, restaurants, wineries, and community members. The auction will open for bids a couple weeks before the main event, and final bidding will close a few hours after the event ends.
2) A live Zoom hosted event, where we will be celebrating community, sharing our private gathering feasts virtually, playing Trivia games, closing out the online auctions, all the while raising funds for our missions.
- The Zoom event will go from 1:00pm to 2:30pm PST, Saturday, Oct 9th. Please join a few minutes early.
- Note that you will need two devices: a computer or tablet to participate in the Zoom event, and phone or computer to bid on auction items.
3) Enjoying the Village Feast in private gatherings. Where is a “virtual” feast without a “feast”? There will be several options for enjoying the Feast in private gatherings. We will once again be partnering with local food providers and restaurants who will be offering full Provencal-style prepared meals for pick-up or delivery, or ingredients to cook up a fabulous meal.
Stay tuned as we update this page with more information about our Feast food partners.
REGISTER NOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Once you are registered for the event, organizers will be able to email you details of how to order your food, participate in the Zoom call, and participate in the Auction, as the details firm up.
Who benefits from this Fundraiser?
Les Dames d’Escoffier Sacramento Chapter and Davis Farm to School are working together to support education programs around food and agriculture. Davis Farm to School provides garden grants, farm field trips and support for farm-fresh food in the schools. The Dames provide funds for women with children in the Saint John’s Program for Real Change (a residential shelter with a culinary training program), as well as scholarships to women in food, wine, agriculture, and hospitality. All proceeds from The Village Feast go toward these missions
This content isn't available right now ... See MoreSee Less
This content isn't available right nowWhen this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.
Check out our newest newsletter: Monica's All-Electric Home, Rising Energy Bills, "What the Health" with FREE Vegan Meal, Trash Talk, and Getting Around, Plus Reducing Travel Emissions by Nala and Making Your Phone Last by Karen. #davisca #sustainability #Electrification Lots of great info and ideas to up your game! www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/mailing/view/?id=1270 ... See MoreSee Less
Davis youth climate leaders meet with Davis City Council members during global Friday strike ... today ... at Central Park Davis ... right now! #fridayforfuture #climatestrikedavis
Check out our newest newsletter: Monica's All-Electric Home, Rising Energy Bills, "What the Health" with FREE Vegan Meal, & Trash Talk, Plus Reducing Travel Emissions & Making Your Phone Last. #davisca #sustainability #Electrification Up your game! https://www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/mailing/view/?id=1270