Regional Trails Survey Respondents May Win Gift Cards
From now until April 30, the Sacramento Area Council of Governments will be hosting a survey for the Sacramento Region Parks & Trails Strategic Development Plan, in partnership with our six counties of El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba counties, and their cities within.
The plan looks to identify a vision for a regional trails network that allows people to travel in more ways than just in a car and identify missing trails and access points to trails to better connect residents with jobs, recreation, and other points of interest, with a particular focus on disadvantaged communities that often lack green space and access to quality infrastructure.
SACOG is working with our cities, counties, and community stakeholders to develop a visionary plan that could link every community and major parks with a network of trails and increase access to job sites, community amenities, and public spaces supporting recreational/social activities.
To develop a plan that reflects residents’ needs and values, with special attention to historically underserved communities, we are hosting a survey to receive input. Once the survey is complete respondents can enter a raffle to win one of ten $50 gift cards to Safeway!
Key points about the survey
- The online survey uses Maptionnaire, an easy-to-use map-based survey tool where people drop pins on places they would like to get to (or already get to) by active ways of travel (walking, wheeling, biking, etc.).
- The information that we gain from this survey will be combined with information we received from our committees and local city and county plans.
- This long-term plan needs input from the community to help us find the places people want to access.
- We need to start incorporating the voice of as many residents, especially our BIPOC and low-income communities, as possible now so the results of this plan are inclusive and can meet the needs of the community in the future.
- This survey is asking people where they want to go and why to help us understand what destinations people value that could be better connected with trails.
- Survey respondents will have the opportunity to enter a raffle for a chance to win one (1) of ten (10) $50 gift cards to Safeway
The survey will be open from March 15 to April 30.
Link to Maptionnaire Survey: https://bit.ly/3v8SOVY
Link to SACOG page: https://bit.ly/3bt0NFD
Get Connected! Tell us how you walk, bike, and roll in the Sacramento region!
SACOG is operating remotely, and our staff are restricted from in-person meetings. All staff are available via email, phone, and meetings via teleconference. If you have an upcoming meeting scheduled, please be on the lookout for a new teleconference or call-in option. We appreciate your flexibility during this time. Upcoming board and committee meetings will be modified and information on the format will be provided to those signed up for electronic notifications.
The reading and discussion of the award winning collection of poems entitled "Swerve" with Ellery Akers was insightful and inspiring. Join Ellery and Poet Laureate of Davis Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop this Sunday. There's still time to join us! City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs John Natsoulas Gallery Davis Downtown Davis City #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia #daviscalifornia
www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/ ... See MoreSee Less
Join Ellery Akers and Poet Laureate Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop Sunday 4pm. There's still time! @NatsoulasArt @UCDavisNews @CaliforniaAggie @davisartcenter @AtTgif #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia
Tonight at 7pm "Swerve" with Ellery Akers and Julia B. Levine. Explore the intersection of environmentalism, feminism, and resistance. #ecopoetry #davisca #daviscalifornia #natsoulasgallery #poetryindavis https://www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/