Environmental Recognition Awards City of Davis 2021
Each year the City of Davis recognizes community contributions to Davis’ environmental quality of life in three categories: individual/group, a business, and non-profit organization, agency or school. Additionally, a special category, the Environmental Legacy Award, may be presented for sustainability efforts that have made a difference as part of Davis’ history over more than 100 years.
Download the ERA Flyer (PDF).
- Nominee’s actions/achievements address a current environmental concern.
- Nominee has an established record of achievements or actions benefiting the environment and quality of life in and around Davis, with commitment to continued effort long term.
- Nominee has creatively implemented or developed an innovative project related to sustainability or the environment.
- Nominee has set an example of how to conduct business, set up a home environment, and/or live daily in a manner that encourages sustainability and harmony with nature.
- Nominee has impacted others in the Davis community, through outreach, engagement or education efforts.
How does one nominate a business, an individual or group, or a non-profit organization?
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination category:
- Business – must posses a current, valid City business license and be located within the City of Davis.
- Individual/Group – must be current resident(s) of Davis.
- Non-Profit Organization Agency, school or other community-based organization – must be located and operate in Davis. Non-profits must have a current and valid 501(c) or 23701d certification and must be located within the City of Davis.
- The name, address, and phone number of the nominee, as well as the name, address, and phone number of the nominator.
- How the nominee has shown exceptional environmental initiative.
- How the nominee’s actions/achievements have improved our environmental quality of life.
- Any other information that supports this nominee’s application. Samples of award winning nominations are available for viewing.
- Supporting documentation may be used verbatim for the award presentation and news article.
- Preview previous award recipients in each category here.
Nomination form: Environmental Recognition Award Nomination (PDF).
Where do I submit a nomination?
To submit a nomination, you may email your nomination packet to Kerry Loux at KLoux@cityofdavis.org, City of Davis, Department of Community Development and Sustainability.
For more information visit the City of Davis website: https://www.cityofdavis.org/city-hall/city-manager-s-office/news
The reading and discussion of the award winning collection of poems entitled "Swerve" with Ellery Akers was insightful and inspiring. Join Ellery and Poet Laureate of Davis Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop this Sunday. There's still time to join us! City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs John Natsoulas Gallery Davis Downtown Davis City #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia #daviscalifornia
www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/ ... See MoreSee Less
School strike week 202. #FridaysForFuture #ClimateStrike
Join Ellery Akers and Poet Laureate Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop Sunday 4pm. There's still time! @NatsoulasArt @UCDavisNews @CaliforniaAggie @davisartcenter @AtTgif #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia