Plug In America! Come Drive!
It is National Drive Electric Week! Come Drive!
Sunday, September 14th come to the 4th Annual
Sac EV, National Drive Electric Day! 10 am – 6 pm
AT this event you can ride and drive in the electric vehicles on site. This is your opportunity to see, learn about, and drive the latest electric vehicles and talk to their owners. The Ride and Drive event features dozens of the latest electric cars from multiple manufacturers for you to see, drive, and ask questions.
- Get behind the wheel and test-drive a variety of EVs, including: the Nissan LEAF, Nissan e-NV200, Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive, Kia Soul EV, BMW i3, Tesla Model S.Chevy Spark EV, Chevy Volt, Cadillac ELR, Fiat 500e, Ford C-MAX Energi, Ford Focus EV, Ford Fusion Energi, Toyota Plug-In Prius, Toyota RAV4 EV, Honda Fit EV, and the Honda Plug-In Accord. (vehicles on site subject to change)
- Find out about life as an EV owner from 40+ neighbors who will show their cars, having already made the switch to this cleaner, more energy-independent vehicle option.
- Check out EV chargers and learn how easy it is to charge an EV at home and at public stations throughout the Sacramento region. More than 260 public charging stations are currently available and increasing regularly.
- Learn how to save money with SMUD and Pacific Gas & Electric special EV rates that can help drivers pay the lowest price for EV fuel with automatic late night charging at home.
- Learn about local, state and federal incentives available for zero-emission and plug-in electric vehicles from the EV experts at SacEV and SMUD.
- Find out how cheap it is to charge an EV from sunlight – free fuel for life.
- Check out workplaces can provide EV charging stations and learn how to advocate for installation of charging equipment at your own workplace.
- Kid activities including a Toyota Plug-in Prius Art Car, Face Painting, and electric vehicle related science experiments.
- Visit the SacEV booth for a chance to win one of two Amazon Kindle e-book readers (need not be present to win, if contact data is included on entry).
- Pick up an entry form from the SacEV booth, test drive an EV, and be eligible to win a $500 Clipper Creek home charging station. You must be among the first two to purchase an EV to win (includes $250 installation credit from Phil Haupt Electric).
Move your money to a credit union or ethical bank! Credit unions usually donate to projects that strengthen local communities, and ethical banks make a commitment to support good causes. Green America Bank For Good BankTrack and Mighty Deposits are all great resources to find ethical banks!
LEARN MORE with Cathy Becker of Green America, Wednesday, November 15 at 6pm PST online. Our moderator will be Rekha Vaitla, Cool Davis board member and officer at CalSTRS.
Sign up here: www.cooldavis.org/2023/11/02/green-finances-banking-and-credit-cards-panel-yolo-earth-day-pledge/
Davis City Valley Clean Energy Tree Davis ... See MoreSee Less