Volunteers needed for Apartment Move-Out Waste Reduction Program
The City Recycling Program is recruiting volunteers for the award-winning Apartment Move-Out Waste Reduction Program (AMOWRP)!
Volunteers are needed August 28 – September 1 at apartment properties throughout the City to organize donated materials and to help keep good material from ending up in the landfill. Volunteers are invited to keep any items they wish that have been donated. If you are interested in helping out with this program, please RSVP to PWWeb@CityofDavis.org or call the Recycling Program at 757-5686.
All AMOWRP volunteers are required to:
1) Attend a one-hour training session to receive a brief overview of the program, cover basic volunteer duties, allow volunteers to fill out the required paperwork, and choose their preferred work locations. Three training meetings will be held in the Manzanita Room at the Hallmark Inn, 110 F St., and volunteers can select which meeting they will attend.
- Thursday, August 1 at 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 9 at 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 13 at 6:00 p.m.
2) Fill out the required paperwork. All volunteers must fill out a volunteer sign-up form in order to volunteer for the AMOWRP.
3) Work a minimum of 2 hours. Volunteers can choose their own hours anytime morning, afternoon or evening Aug 28 – Sept. 1. Recycling Program staff will help volunteers select an area of town to work in–chances are there are donation stations near your home!
Please join us this year as we save resources, prevent waste and put unwanted items into the hands of people that need them. The City Recycling Program will also be pairing up interested volunteers with local non-profit groups; participating non-profits will provide a list of the items they are in need of, and volunteers can pick them up as they find them.
If you are interested in helping out with this program, please RSVP to PWWeb@CityofDavis.org or call the Recycling Program at 757-5686.
Move your money to a credit union or ethical bank! Credit unions usually donate to projects that strengthen local communities, and ethical banks make a commitment to support good causes. Green America Bank For Good BankTrack and Mighty Deposits are all great resources to find ethical banks!
LEARN MORE with Cathy Becker of Green America, Wednesday, November 15 at 6pm PST online. Our moderator will be Rekha Vaitla, Cool Davis board member and officer at CalSTRS.
Sign up here: www.cooldavis.org/2023/11/02/green-finances-banking-and-credit-cards-panel-yolo-earth-day-pledge/
Davis City Valley Clean Energy Tree Davis ... See MoreSee Less