Free home energy assessments
Free home energy assessments (approximate value $500) will be available to Yolo County home owners if they sign up at an upcoming Energy Upgrade California event (some restrictions may apply).
A drop-in event will take place on Wednesday, September 28 from 4:30 to 8:00pm at Central Park in Davis (in the unlikely event of rain, the Hattie Weber Museum at 445 C St., Davis, at the northeast corner of Central Park).
A second event is scheduled on October 5 from 7:00-8:30pm at Community and Senior Center in Woodland.
Homeowners will have an opportunity to connect one-to-one with contractors qualified to conduct comprehensive home energy assessments. These events are sponsored by the City of Davis, City of Woodland, Yolo County, Yolo Energy Watch and PG&E .
Energy Upgrade California representatives will describe rebates up to $4000. A homeowner who has been through the programs will discuss her experience. Information about zero percent fixed interest financing is available for energy upgrades and solar panels through a grant from the California Energy Commission through the CRHMF Homebuyers Fund for income qualified homeowners.
The following is an outline of opportunities these events will be promoting:
Available for all income levels:
- Rebates from $1000-$4000 for residential energy efficiency improvements
- Free energy assessments for homeowners who sign up at the event
- Opportunity to ask questions of contractors who are participating in the program
- Available for homeowners with a household income between $45,480 and $121,289 in Yolo County
- 0% fixed interest rate fully amortized financing
- Funds can be used for energy efficiency improvements and solar
- Grants up to $1,250 or 15% of the job
- Can be used for owner occupied and rental property
- No appraisal, no credit check
- 100% financing available, no minimum or maximum loan amount
- Example of financing on $10,000, The monthly payment on a $10,000, 15-year fixed-rate CHF Loan at 0.00% interest would be $55.56 and the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) would be 0.372%.
Join the Davis Futures Forum and Yolo Mobility, Cool Davis working groups, as they host guest speaker Susan Handy, Director of the National Center for Sustainable Transportation, who will offer her perspective on the current planning for I-80 traffic congestion and the Yolo Causeway. Her presentation will be followed by a diverse panel who will give us their thoughts about the Caltrans I-80 Corridor Master Plan and the associated widening project planned within Yolo County.
DATE: Thursday December 7th
TIME: 7:00 pm
LOCATION: Davis Community Church, 412 C St. Davis CA
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ADVANCE MATERIAL AND VIDEO LINK
www.cooldavis.org/civicrm/event/info/?reset=1&id=252 ... See MoreSee Less
A stroll in the park with a few sprinkles! Cool Davis staff and SVCC Fellows spreading the word about the Yolo County #yolocaap workshop opportunity set for this Friday before and during 2nd Friday ArtAbout with Davis Creek residents (MHVillage.com). [Check out the cool solar panels in the background!] We want to hear their vision ... and yours ... for a resilient, healthy, and equitable future! Drop by between 4pm -7pm at Davis Odd Fellows 415 Second Street Davis City Yolo County Climate Action and Sustainability decolores.org/ Sign up for reminders: tinyurl.com/bw53bdmv Learn more: YoloCAAP.org ... See MoreSee Less
This Friday DEC 8!!!!!