Free home energy assessments
Free home energy assessments (approximate value $500) will be available to Yolo County home owners if they sign up at an upcoming Energy Upgrade California event (some restrictions may apply).
A drop-in event will take place on Wednesday, September 28 from 4:30 to 8:00pm at Central Park in Davis (in the unlikely event of rain, the Hattie Weber Museum at 445 C St., Davis, at the northeast corner of Central Park).
A second event is scheduled on October 5 from 7:00-8:30pm at Community and Senior Center in Woodland.
Homeowners will have an opportunity to connect one-to-one with contractors qualified to conduct comprehensive home energy assessments. These events are sponsored by the City of Davis, City of Woodland, Yolo County, Yolo Energy Watch and PG&E .
Energy Upgrade California representatives will describe rebates up to $4000. A homeowner who has been through the programs will discuss her experience. Information about zero percent fixed interest financing is available for energy upgrades and solar panels through a grant from the California Energy Commission through the CRHMF Homebuyers Fund for income qualified homeowners.
The following is an outline of opportunities these events will be promoting:
Available for all income levels:
- Rebates from $1000-$4000 for residential energy efficiency improvements
- Free energy assessments for homeowners who sign up at the event
- Opportunity to ask questions of contractors who are participating in the program
- Available for homeowners with a household income between $45,480 and $121,289 in Yolo County
- 0% fixed interest rate fully amortized financing
- Funds can be used for energy efficiency improvements and solar
- Grants up to $1,250 or 15% of the job
- Can be used for owner occupied and rental property
- No appraisal, no credit check
- 100% financing available, no minimum or maximum loan amount
- Example of financing on $10,000, The monthly payment on a $10,000, 15-year fixed-rate CHF Loan at 0.00% interest would be $55.56 and the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) would be 0.372%.
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Per Capita Davis: A small but sticky issue. Good to know: If the price look up sticker (PLU) is five numbers and the first number is 9 the fruit is organic. An organically grown banana is coded 94011.
Per Capita Davis: A small but sticky issue - Cool Davis
It seems a little weird and awkward to write about small things influencing the climate crisis and sustainability when so many huge events are happeni...