Free home energy assessments
Free home energy assessments (approximate value $500) will be available to Yolo County home owners if they sign up at an upcoming Energy Upgrade California event (some restrictions may apply).
A drop-in event will take place on Wednesday, September 28 from 4:30 to 8:00pm at Central Park in Davis (in the unlikely event of rain, the Hattie Weber Museum at 445 C St., Davis, at the northeast corner of Central Park).
A second event is scheduled on October 5 from 7:00-8:30pm at Community and Senior Center in Woodland.
Homeowners will have an opportunity to connect one-to-one with contractors qualified to conduct comprehensive home energy assessments. These events are sponsored by the City of Davis, City of Woodland, Yolo County, Yolo Energy Watch and PG&E .
Energy Upgrade California representatives will describe rebates up to $4000. A homeowner who has been through the programs will discuss her experience. Information about zero percent fixed interest financing is available for energy upgrades and solar panels through a grant from the California Energy Commission through the CRHMF Homebuyers Fund for income qualified homeowners.
The following is an outline of opportunities these events will be promoting:
Available for all income levels:
- Rebates from $1000-$4000 for residential energy efficiency improvements
- Free energy assessments for homeowners who sign up at the event
- Opportunity to ask questions of contractors who are participating in the program
- Available for homeowners with a household income between $45,480 and $121,289 in Yolo County
- 0% fixed interest rate fully amortized financing
- Funds can be used for energy efficiency improvements and solar
- Grants up to $1,250 or 15% of the job
- Can be used for owner occupied and rental property
- No appraisal, no credit check
- 100% financing available, no minimum or maximum loan amount
- Example of financing on $10,000, The monthly payment on a $10,000, 15-year fixed-rate CHF Loan at 0.00% interest would be $55.56 and the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) would be 0.372%.
The reading and discussion of the award winning collection of poems entitled "Swerve" with Ellery Akers was insightful and inspiring. Join Ellery and Poet Laureate of Davis Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop this Sunday. There's still time to join us! City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs John Natsoulas Gallery Davis Downtown Davis City #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia #daviscalifornia
www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/ ... See MoreSee Less
Join Ellery Akers and Poet Laureate Julia B. Levine for a poetry writing workshop Sunday 4pm. There's still time! @NatsoulasArt @UCDavisNews @CaliforniaAggie @davisartcenter @AtTgif #poetryindavis #daviscalifornia
Tonight at 7pm "Swerve" with Ellery Akers and Julia B. Levine. Explore the intersection of environmentalism, feminism, and resistance. #ecopoetry #davisca #daviscalifornia #natsoulasgallery #poetryindavis https://www.cooldavis.org/2022/04/06/swerve-with-poet-ellery-akers/