Water conservation tips
In today’s world where water is growing scarce, every flush and shower counts. With water becoming more precious and rates rising, everybody wins by conserving. The drought in 2013/2014 has brought this home more than ever before with most climate scientists predicting hotter and drier conditions for Davis.
Quick easy-to-do actions
- Limit your shower to 4-5 minutes, and leave the daydreaming to while you dry yourself off.
- Run the dishwasher only when full and use the no-heat wash, rinse and dry cycles. It is simple, easy and costs nothing to implement this plan.
- Wear your clothing more than once before putting it in the laundry.
- Put a full plastic bottle of water in your toilet tank so less water gets flushed
Big impact actions
- Add low-flow heads to your faucets and shower heads
- Water lawns in late evening and on every 2nd or 3rd day. Grow a tall lawn and mulch your lawn mowing clipping
- Consider stripping out your lawn and replacing with low-water garden.
- High Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate of up to $200 (offered by City of Davis with PG&E)
- Residential toilet rebate program – currently being considered
Want to do more?
UC Davis student Rosemary Hartman came up with a great list of tips on how to go the extra mile in saving water
cooldaviscity Follow 2,048 809
Cool Davis is a coalition of citizens, the City of Davis, and community organizations working to empower our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
HUGE WIN! Maine just became the 1st state to pass a law requiring divestment from fossil fuels!
Other states should follow suit and ensure their public funds don’t drive the climate crisis.
Divestment goes Maine-stream - Grist
Maine just became the first state in the nation to pass an actual law requiring divestment of public funds from oil, gas, and coal companies.
The City is opening a cooling center today (Wed.) from 1pm to 8 pm located at the Davis Senior Center at 646 A St. Please use the 7th St entrance to the West multipurpose room. The cooling center will remain open through Sat. (daily hours 1 pm to 8 pm). Masks are required.
Tonight's the night! Please register to join (virtually) the next meeting of the Davis Electric Vehicle Association on Wednesday, June 9 at 6:00 p.m. (PDT).
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining.
Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: DEVA Meeting June 9, . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.
Meeting of DEVA Happens every other month on the 2nd Wednesday at 6:00 pm
"Hallelujah. A day for celebration! I have a great story to share about how “all of us” ... won and killed the bill AB 1139 that wanted to kill rooftop Solar in California." @aztecsolar @RepowerYolo @SolarCitadel #gosolardavis
Grassroots Coalition Rallied to Keep California a Pro-Solar State - Cool Davis
Hallelujah. A day for celebration! I have a great story to share about how “all of us” won yesterday ...