Become a Cool Davis Partner Today
Cool Davis brings together individuals and organizations committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions in our community. We work with businesses, non-profits, faith groups, community associations, individual citizens, as well as the City of Davis to foster collaborative efforts toward our shared goal of carbon neutrality by 2050. See the full list of community partners. We look forward to working with you!
Cool Davis partners
- Support the mission of Cool Davis of reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Are committed to the implementation of the City of Davis Climate Action and Adaptation Plan (D-CAAP).
- Operate officially within the Davis sphere of influence and serve the Davis community.
- Are automatically members of the Cool Davis Coalition.
Partners may also mentor each other in greenhouse gas reduction strategies, organize educational forums, advocate on climate issues, or lead events and projects.
Partnership helps you:
- Connect with residents, other organizations and customers interested in your programs, services, or products.
- Problem-solve issues, remove barriers, and rise to organizational challenges to reducing greenhouse gas emissions in an environment of cooperation, joint action, and support.
- Host and co-sponsor collaborative events and community education forums that reinforce your organization’s goals, services, products, and programs.
- Form a working group around an issue, project, or activity that you would like to develop in the community.
- Shape Cool Davis goals and activities through participation in Cool Davis Coalition and the One Cool City Campaign.
What specific benefits are available to partners?
- Opportunities to engage more people and organizations in your projects and activities.
- Acknowledgement of your organization and its events and initiatives in the Cool Davis newsletter, website, social media, and other channels.
- A listing on our Community Partners page.
- A digital partner logo that links to the Cool Davis website and a print image that can be used as a window sticker.
- Access to sponsorship opportunities and exhibit space at Cool Davis events.
- The satisfaction of contributing to Cool Davis’s success.
- Tell us what benefits are important to you!
Send us this online partnership application and a member of our partner outreach team will meet with you in person or by phone to collect more information and answer any questions We want to understand how we can help you reach your goals for carbon reduction. If it’s a good fit, you will be welcomed to join!
Then Cool Davis officially recognizes you as a new partner and notifies the Cool Davis Foundation Board of Directors. You will be added to our list of partners online and contacted for a profile article for the Cool Davis website and newsletter. Your organization will be featured on the home page of our web site along with our other new partners.
Cool Davis suggests the following contributions for partners: $50 per year for non-profits and $100 per year for businesses. Partners who are small businesses, non-profits, or student groups may make their contributions in the form of volunteer hours or in-kind donations of goods or services. These contributions help defray meeting costs, publicity and communications work, design work, and administration.
Certifications. Businesses or community institutions are encouraged to go further and pursue certifications with Partners for a Greener Davis, a City of Davis program as well as a regional certification offered by BERC (Business Environmental Resource Center).
Sponsorship. Cool Davis also offers sponsorship as a separate arrangement for year round programs and specific events. Sponsorship brings the added benefit of high profile publicity to your organization or business and is crucial for enabling Cool Davis programs to flourish at household level. If you can afford to and are interested in sponsorship, check out our Sponsorship options.
Unitarian Church Green Sanctuary
The Unitarian Church in Davis has put its faith into practice on sustainability for many years – and is an active member of the Cool Davis initiative. In 2005, the UUCD embarked on the important and daunting task of becoming a Green Sanctuary: a church whose members truly live with “respect for the interdependent web of which we are a part.”
Solar Roof Dynamics: Connecting Solar to the Roofing Industry
November 9, 2016 Cool Davis welcomes new partner Solar Roof Dynamics! When Aaron Nitzkin founded Solar Roof Dynamics (SRD), his goal was to transform the roofing industry by enabling roofing contractors to integrate solar into their business operations, and he is doing it. In a…
New Cool Davis Partner: RepowerYolo
August 26, 2016 Chris Soderquist and John Walter have lived in Davis for a combined six decades. Like many Davis residents, Chris and John’s homes are powered by solar panels. Expectedly, their PG&E bills have shrunk significantly; unexpectedly, Chris and John (gladly) field myriad questions…