- Mission and Goals
- Board of Directors
- How We Work
- Climate Science
- Founding of Cool Davis
- Contact Us
Meet the Cool Davis Foundation Board of Directors! The role of the board is to support and promote the mission of Cool Davis in the community.
Our current board members are
- Dick and Carol Bourne
- Kerry Daane Loux
- Bill Heinicke, President
- Lynne King
- Michael McCormick
- Ann Savageau
The board meets monthly and may be made up of as many as 15 members who have rotating 3-year terms.
We still don’t have a full picture about how climate change will affect humanity in coming generations but there is almost complete agreement among climate scientists that:
- Climate change is happening at an increasingly accelerated rate
- Climate change is caused by human activity, in particular the increase in emissions of carbon
A small vociferous minority of skeptics – sponsored by the fossil fuel industry – have succeeded in creating enough public doubt to put a brake on policy change at national level in the US. Their actions are rather like the tobacco companies who succeeded for many decades in creating doubt about the health dangers of smoking. Read more
The Cool Davis Coalition is a network of organizations and individuals including more than 80 partners joined together to support the Cool Davis mission.
Under the Coalition umbrella, members:
- Help and mentor between organizations to achieve lower carbon footprints themselves,
- Create a place for creative community dialogue and social/political action,
- Provide community forums, collaborative projects, and fun educational events about climate change, action and adaptation, and
- Host the yearly Cool Davis Festival.
- For more information about Cool Davis, email email@example.com or fill in the Contact Us form below.
- For web-related inquiries or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To submit a story idea or information about happenings in our community relevant to the Cool Davis mission, email email@example.com.
- To make a donation to Cool Davis, go to our Donations page.
- Want to get on our newsletter mailing list to get updates delivered to your mailbox about cool activities?
- Want to become a partner or join our partner coalition?
For snail mail, send correspondence to P.O. Box 4013, Davis, CA 95617.
Connect with us online at
We hope to hear from you soon!Read more
Cool Davis was formally launched in October 2010, but its roots had already taken hold nearly five years earlier.
In response to growing awareness of the climate crisis, in 2005, then Mayor Ruth Uy Asmundson, on behalf of the City of Davis signed the U.S. Mayors Agreement on Climate Control in support of the Kyoto Protocols, pledging the City to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions.
City staff soon began working and researching ways to implement the pledge. When the city staff did a greenhouse gas inventory and found that over 75 percent of Davis emissions were generated by the daily activities of its residents, it was clear that the only way that Davis would reach its targets would be with the help of all its citizens. Read more
Cool Davis works thanks to the extraordinary efforts and voluntary commitment of so many individuals and organizations in our community. But it always needs more support so please consider volunteering your time.
Cool Davis Foundation Board The Cool Davis Foundation Board of Directors meets monthly as a group and drives four active committees: governance, community relations and fundraising, operations, and programs.
Cool Davis Administrative Team The Administrative Team guides the activities of Cool Davis and oversees operations and is led by an Executive Director, UCD or Americore interns, and other professionals and volunteers who assist with committee and other functions.
Cool Davis Communications Team The Cool Davis Communications Team is led by a Communications Coordinator who engages volunteer writers, graphic designers, photographers, editors, and other talented individuals from our community in spreading the word about climate solutions and the Cool Davis mission.
Cool Davis is an active network of residents, community organizations, businesses and community institutions committed to implementing the City of Davis’s Climate Action and Adaptation Plan.
Our mission is to inspire our community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, adapt to a changing climate, and improve the quality of life for all.
We engage in our mission with a philosophy of fun! Climate change is serious but in order to make change we must engage all of the community and all of our creativity in the process. Cool Davis actively incorporates organizations and activities around good food, laughter, music, art, poetry, dance, visual arts, and film.