In order to reach out to the whole Davis community, Cool Davis Initiative works with a range of community partners including businesses, organisations, faith groups, community networks and the City of Davis.
Cool Davis Initiative partners agree to support the mission of Cool Davis and have committed to the Cool Davis pledge of reducing carbon emissions. Cool Davis is actively seeking new partners as it builds a community movement to implement our Davis Climate Action and Adaptation Plan.
How do you become a CDI Partner?
Meet with a Cool Davis Initiative Core group member or email Judy Moore on jemoores AT aol dot com to discuss your interest. The Cool Davis member will ask you questions about your interests and how we can help you reach your own goals for carbon reduction. If it’s a good fit for your organization you will be welcomed to join! The Cool Davis Initiative Core group will officially recognize you as a partner.
What can we do as a Cool Davis Initiative Partner?
- Ask to become an active member of our Core group, attending meetings and participating in events.
- Form a working group around an issue, project or activity that you would like to develop in the community.
- Sign up to receive the Cool Davis newsletter and event announcements.
- Connect through Cool Davis communication networks about your related projects and initiatives.
- Invite your employees or members to participate in a Cool Davis working group.
How does it benefit our organization to become a Cool Davis Initiative Partner?
- Learning and sharing information about how to help your organisation use less energy and have a positive impact on our local environment
- Regular acknowledgement of your organization in the Cool Davis Newsletter, website etc…
- Opportunities to be involved in and lead important community change projects
- Opportunities to engage more people and organizations in your projects and activities
- Tell us what benefits are important to you